Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Playing HD files over NAS

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevinmcf
  • Start date Start date
K

kevinmcf

Guest
I think the new image is great but I am experiencing a slight issue with the Enhanced Movie Player. Up until 2.4 there was no issues playing 720p mkv files from my NAS, the update has resulted in picture stuttering and sound glitches Its maybe due to ET's new drivers, anyone else experiencing similar issue?
 
It's the default vix player I'm running and that's going me the issues. Sorry I got confused with the EMC plugin I used to use before vix improvements. It had been running so well that I retired my media player but may have to break it back out because of the new issues being encountered.
 
It's the default vix player I'm running and that's going me the issues. Sorry I got confused with the EMC plugin I used to use before vix improvements. It had been running so well that I retired my media player but may have to break it back out because of the new issues being encountered.

i play 720p mkv all the time from my Synology NAS hardwired cat5 with no issues, i even play 1080p high bitrate with no issues.
 
It's the default vix player I'm running and that's going me the issues. Sorry I got confused with the EMC plugin I used to use before vix improvements. It had been running so well that I retired my media player but may have to break it back out because of the new issues being encountered.
Sorry, but this is not clear. Do you have any media-player installed (if so: please de-install them/that)?. We advise to use the build-in media-player: go to the list of recordings, navigate to the wanted location and file, and press 'OK'. That should work fine.
 
I am using the default vix player. I have moved a 720p mkv file to the et9000 hard drive to check if my NAS is causing the problem but similar issues occur. I am on the latest openvix version and will try a usb re-flash tonight to see if this resolves the issues.
 
Problem is that the container 'mkv' doesn't mean very much: it's the codecs used that matter. They should be supported by the chipset.
 
It's the default vix player I'm running and that's going me the issues. Sorry I got confused with the EMC plugin I used to use before vix improvements. It had been running so well that I retired my media player but may have to break it back out because of the new issues being encountered.

you do realise that the EMC player is not even a media player but rather a GUI that sits ontop of the existing media player ?.
 
you do realise that the EMC player is not even a media player but rather a GUI that sits ontop of the existing media player ?.

Yes i realise that EMC was only a skin- the problem i'm having is with the default vix player with some larger mkv files. I have tested playing video files from my NAS and the ET9 internal hard drive but with similar poor performance.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top