Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Power to LNB on always possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mistermisfit
  • Start date Start date
M

mistermisfit

Guest
Is it possible to have the power to the lnb always on with vix 2.3 vu+ duo?

I have an amplifier and splitter inline for dtt which needs constant voltage. Is this possible?

Thanks :)
 
Is it possible to have the power to the lnb always on with vix 2.3 vu+ duo?

I have an amplifier and splitter inline for dtt which needs constant voltage. Is this possible?

Thanks :)
Simple man dont turn of the box or stick it in standbye
 
If only it were that simple.
The problem is the box doesnt keep power to the LNB at all times while switched on, I have a usb dtt tuner connected and when I switch to that the power to the LNB is cut (unless there is something from satellite recording in the background)

My dtt feed requires the LNB power be on at all times. My humax foxsat box always kept power to the LNB, looks like the vu+ duo doesnt.
 
Dumb question but why does the dtt tuner require power to the LNB's
 
Dumb question but why does the dtt tuner require power to the LNB's


My dtt signal requires a masthead preamp up near the antenna on the roof. It is the masthead amp that is being powered by one of the lnb cables, my dtt also comes down the same cable as the satellite signal. No power to the masthead amp = no dtt signal.

This was never a problem with my humax freesat box.

Sorry, it is not easy to explain.

I'll just have to run a third cable down to my living room it seems.
 
Is it possible to have the power to the lnb always on with vix 2.3 vu+ duo?
I have an amplifier and splitter inline for dtt which needs constant voltage. Is this possible?
It is possible.
I have not forgotten your question; I only recently read about changing a file to achieve exactly that. Point is: I can't find it any more. But I keep it in mind with every search I do.
So especially if the alternative would be to run an extra cable I would say: wait a couple of days; I might just be able to find the answer.
 
I have a masthead PSU connected for the timebeing. I luckily already had a third cable ran down from the roof. A solution to the lnb power problem would still be nice though :)

I could do with using that third cable for something else.
 
Sorry it took me so long, but I finally found it.

1- Open the file /etc/modutils/_vuplus with a suitable editor (e.g. PSPad, set to UNIX) and add the following lines at the end:
Code:
tpm 
modloader 
modloader2 
dvb lnb_power_off_in_standby=1

2- Type in the console (telnet)
Code:
update-modules

3- Reboot the box.

Be aware: I didn't test this myself. Make a backup of the file before changing anything
Good luck, and keep us posted.
 
Last edited:
Sorry it took me so long, but I finally found it.

1- Open the file /etc/modutils/_vuplus with a suitable editor (e.g. PSPad, set to UNIX) and add the following lines at the end:
Code:
tpm 
modloader 
modloader2 
dvb lnb_power_off_in_standby=1

2- Type in the console (telnet)
Code:
update-modules

3- Reboot the box.

Be aware: I didn't test this myself. Make a backup of the file before changing anything
Good luck, and keep us posted.

I need exactly the same thing as this for my setup with a Miraclebox Mini box.

The original post here is several years old, is this possible on current images?

Also, this answer was for a Vu+ box, is this possible on a Miraclebox Mini too?
 
Different hardware has different options and default situations.
I would first check if power is cut off indeed.
Only when needed I would try a trick like above. Just backup your system,. change the file and see if it helps.
There's nothing to loose!
 
Thanks for the quick reply!

The folder mentioned (/etc/modutils) doesn't seem to exist on the current image. Have these files been renamed or moved somewhere else in the newer versions?

Thanks
 
Hi,

Yes, the tuner definitely loses power whenever you switch away from it.

I've had a look at the current image and these files seem to have been moved to new places.

The module option config file (something.conf) now has to go into the /etc/modprobe.d folder.

Once I'd done this though I got the following error in the logs.

>> dvb: unknown parameter 'lnb_power_off_in_standby' ignored

So it seems that the parameter name has changed
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top