Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Problem initialing Hard Drive

Got another hard drive from scan yesterday. It is a 3.5 inch, but I'm hoping I can still use it to test it. Will do that tomorrow and report back.

Replaced the hard drive and have rebooted the box 3 times and as of yet I haven't seen "Storage" appear in the Setup menu.
 
Sounds like its not connected correctly - whats in var/log/dmesg ?
 
As far as I can see there is no disk recognised - is it actually formatted? Attach it to your PC and see what windows or linux says.
 
I would presume when new disc was added it was formatted on box ,initialized and ext4 ready?
 
As far as I can see there is no disk recognised - is it actually formatted?
It wouldn't need to be to show up. If the system couldn't see a raw disk you'd never be able to get any file-system onto it.
Have you tried a different SATA cable?
 
It wouldn't need to be to show up. If the system couldn't see a raw disk you'd never be able to get any file-system onto it.
Have you tried a different SATA cable?

I replaced the SATA cables and the SATA Power cables (If that is what they called) and then switch to the old hard drive that occasionally used to show up and now everything appears to be running more smoothly and as expected. I've rebooted the box 6-7 times and every times once OpenViX is booted I can see "Storage" in the Setup menu. So it all looks good now, touch wood.

Hopefully I won't be adding to this thread in a few days time.

Thanks again everyone.
 
Sounds like you have an intermittent connection issue with either the SATA power or data cable. This may be because of a dodgy cable or the connection on the motherboard. If you keep the replacement cables you now have and try the 3.5" disk and it works also, then dispose of the old cables in a recycling facility. If the 2'5" disk has further intermittent problems, then the issue may be with the motherboard and you should flag the problem to W-O-S directly. @birdman is right in that the box should recognise any standard SATA disk, whether formatted or not and then give you the option to format/initialise it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top