Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET7x00] Problem reinstalling Remote channel stream converter after software upgrade

George Kildare

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am running remote channel stream converter between an Xtrend ET10000 master and an ET 7000 slave. After stupidly updating Openvix to 5.1.11 on the slave, I am unable to reinstall the remote channel stream.

I can see the ET10000 when I browse the network with the ET7000 slave and I have inputted the same IP number into the remote channel stream interface. The ET10000 does not have a password, so I have left this blank. I have left all the other entries at their default values. (host user name “root”, host streaming port “08001”, host FTP port “00021”.

When I reboot after going into client mode and entering the IP address of the ET10000, the ET7000 seems to hang up. I gave it about 10 minutes, but nothing happened except the wait message and the moving “Vix” sign. This repeats. The only way out seems to be to reflash.
Rebooting the client without going into remote channel stream converter works OK.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or have suggestions?

Many thanks.
 
Option 1: turn on debug log and post it here.
Option 2: flash clean and when the wizard gets to tuner, select client mode and hopefully that will do everything for you ... no need for the RCSC plgin
 
Thanks twol.
I have been following Option 2 all along.
Tonight I will try flashing, turning on the debug log and repeating Option 2.
 
By the way, if the box hangs during rebooting after I follow Option 2 and I have to reflash again, won't the debug log be destroyed?
 
By the way, if the box hangs during rebooting after I follow Option 2 and I have to reflash again, won't the debug log be destroyed?
 
Here is a debug log

So to answer the log question, save log to usb(HDD not flash!
The debug log posted shows:
< 977.447> [ChannelsImporter][checkEPG] Force EPG save on remote receiver...
< 977.448> [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] URL: http://0.0.0.0/api/saveepg
< 977.474> [ChannelsImporter][saveEPGonRemoteReceiver] ERROR: 146

the url should contain the host server IP address and its 0.0.0.0

lastly, use putty to telnet to the receiver, and enter init 4 then ftp to the box, pull off the etc/enigma2/settings file and post what you have for: (these are my values for one of my boxes and should be near the top of the settings file)
config.clientmode.enabled=True
config.clientmode.nim_cache=[{"configMode": "nothing"}]
config.clientmode.serverIP=192.168.0.175

if the last is 0.0.0.0 change it to the host IP, save file and ftp back to the receiver .... then in the putty telnet session enter init 6 to reboot the box.
 
why don't you use fallback tuner ?
 
I'll try the "Channel Importer" plug-in with "Fallback Tuner" first. I have installed the plug-in, but cannot seem to find the channel importer plug-in in the new menu structure. What is its location?
 
I'll try the "Channel Importer" plug-in with "Fallback Tuner" first. I have installed the plug-in, but cannot seem to find the channel importer plug-in in the new menu structure. What is its location?
The ChannelImporter plugin was the precursor for Client mode and in my view a step backwards.
Fallbacktuner is a stepbackwards from that.
I used fallback tuner for several years, manipulated the bouquets on my main box and then copied to the the client box using remote fallback.
Client server does all this for you automatically.
RCSC is an alternative, but ends up with a importing another version of your servers bouquets.

All of them work, but some require more effort than others.
I just re-installed CS mode on my ET7500 to check out and it worked perfectly and took just a couple of minutes (if that) to enable the ET7500 to run a copy of my Giga4K setup on the ET7500.
 
Last edited:
"Channel Importer" plug-in works for me. That is the easiest solution for now. Very many thanks both bellejt and twol. Much appreciated.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top