Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Problem with dual lnb motor setup ....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tw4T
  • Start date Start date
T

Tw4T

Guest
Hi guys, I`m having some trouble with my current set-up. This problem exists on ALL ViX firmwares. Basicly I have a Dual LNB on my Motor dish, but the only way I can change satellites is by putting the motor cable in to input 1 to change satellite and then taking it out and putting the other cable (lnb) into the same input to watch the programs on the satellite that the the first cable picked up. I’ve tried all permutations of options in the Tuner Set-up and tried both leads in both inputs but the only way to watch TV is as above. I’ve been to my local installer today who thinks it may be a motor problem. I need to ring him back on Monday but want to try and get it sorted before then, assuming its NOT a motor problem, in which case I`ll need a new motor. Has anyone else came across this error? I know i haven’t put much technical info but im at work atm. If there’s anything else you need to know, let me know and ill post back asap. Cheers guys :)
 
You say it exists on all VIX images, does it exist on other images?
Have you ever had it working?
If Tuner A is setup properley then Tuner B should be set at "second cable of motorized LNB A"
 
Sorry for the late reply, had a late night. anyhow, here are my box settings : Tuner A = Positioner:USALS - Tuner B = Second Cable of motorised LNB (also tried equal to A). I have the Motor cable going into input 1 and the LNB cable going into input 2. This config will move the dish to the required satellite but will not show any channels. Doing a manual scan with this config brings back 0 services. However, if I ONLY have the motor cable in input 1 I am able to change satellite but not watch channels. I then need to take the motor cable out and switch it for the LNB cabel to see the channels on the satellite that the motor cable scanned to. This is the only way I am able to view channels from different satellites. As you can imagine this is a faff on and not practical. The installer seems to think its a motor problem but the retailer seems to think its a box problem. Myself, im tending to think motor. I have tried the cables in different inputs and all set the box config to all available settings. Im pulling my hair out.
 
Have you tried resetting the motor & starting again?
There should be a small pin hole reset under the motor (just something to try before paying out to someone)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t no. but I will give it a go once ive woken up properly. thanks
 
Unfortunately I’m unable to get to the dish, its mounted on a scaffy pole high above the roof of the house. Is there a way to reset the motor via the box ( in the settings somewhere) ?
 
I know of no other way to reset motor

You never answered this:
You say it exists on all VIX images, does it exist on other images?
Have you ever had it working?
 
Sorry, I haven’t tried any other images and yes, it has been working speriodicaly for a couple of weeks, up until Wednesday, when it gave up the ghost completely.
 
Its all sorted, the problem was with the coax going into the motor. When the dish was moving to the extremes, the bolts from the clamp where catching on the wires which eventually pulled one of them out. Cant believe it was something so simple, I was thinking to deep.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top