Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Problems uploading image

I haven't set the networking up on the box (as I can't get it to boot up) so I can't use putty or anything like that can I?

It would seem that I have a faulty box. I'll post the outcome of my attempt to 'resolve' the situation on fleabay.

I did actually buy an Ultimo from here (world of satellite .co .uk) but the cash was refunded 20 minutes later because it was 'out of stock'! So I did try :)

Thanks for everyone's help up to now :)
 
Check if your router has allocated an IP to the box.

Could it be a clone? Is there such a thing as a clone ultimo?
 
The ultimo is out of stock with the sponsor as Vu+ have discontinued this model in favor of the Duo2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Right, the seller reckons the bootloader is 'messed up' and wants me to flash through RS232 port. I'll need a null-modem cable, which is no big deal, but would that mean I'd always have to flash through RS232? How has the bootloader become 'messed up' anyway? (I have asked the seller these questions but he hasn't responded yet).
My router hasn't given the box an ip address, and you need to connect to a network as well as RS232 don't you, so would this way even work?
Thanks in advance again, Steve
 
There is no way to flash the bootloader via a RS232 cable, if you cant do it via USB stick the only other recourse is via a JIG kit which is not so easy if you dont know what your doing, added to the fact that there is no publicly available bootloader update for the Vu+ Ultimo, only the one it came pre-loaded with at the factory.
 
It's going back. He seemed ok about it but what happens next will prove if he is really ok...
Thanks for everyone's help, it's been most appreciated.
Steve
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top