Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Question on services and satellites.xml (Service not found (SID not found in PAT)

kunmun23

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2011
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I have been trying to understand how the service bouquets and satellites.xml work on my ET9000 (or rather enigma2 in general).

I know I can load the services list for UK under /etc/enigma2 and the satellites.xml under /etc/tubox

My questions are as follows :

a. If I download and put the latest files above on my box, do I still need to run a scan ?

b. If I have custom bouquets, how do I ensure that they don't get lost? Do I need to set "Clear before scan" to "No" ?

c. At times I get a "Service not found (SID not found in PAT)" message. What do I need to do to resolve this?

d. For my understanding, how do things in general work : Is satellites.xml the file that stores the frequencies of each channel? What other the big set of files I put under /etc/enigma2 and how is it related to satellites.xml?


Thanks in advance !!
 
To add to the above...I am only concerned with UK Sly signals....I guess Astra Eurobird 28.2E ...don't have a multipositioner dish
 
Hi,

I have been trying to understand how the service bouquets and satellites.xml work on my ET9000 (or rather enigma2 in general).

I know I can load the services list for UK under /etc/enigma2 and the satellites.xml under /etc/tubox

My questions are as follows :

a. If I download and put the latest files above on my box, do I still need to run a scan ?
No you do not.

b. If I have custom bouquets, how do I ensure that they don't get lost? Do I need to set "Clear before scan" to "No" ?
If you use this option it will keep the current bouquet intact but it will also keep the old channels too, soon ending up with lots of dead and inactive channels. you can use this option in conjunction with a bouquet editor to tailor your own bouquets to your needs.

c. At times I get a "Service not found (SID not found in PAT)" message. What do I need to do to resolve this?
This happens for a few reasons
1. a channel that only broadcasts between say 22:00 and 04:00 will show this message at the times it is not broadcasting
2. when a channel changes frequency you will get this message until you update it with the new frequency.

d. For my understanding, how do things in general work : Is satellites.xml the file that stores the frequencies of each channel? What other the big set of files I put under /etc/enigma2 and how is it related to satellites.xml?

The satellites.xml file stores both the list of satellites for your box and the list of transponders that each satellite uses so that it can scan them and know what to look for.
Thanks in advance !!

I have answered a few of those questions in red.
 
Thanks for the prompt response !!

b. If I have custom bouquets, how do I ensure that they don't get lost? Do I need to set "Clear before scan" to "No" ?
If you use this option it will keep the current bouquet intact but it will also keep the old channels too, soon ending up with lots of dead and inactive channels. you can use this option in conjunction with a bouquet editor to tailor your own bouquets to your needs.
I ran a scan with the setting as "Yes" and it didn't wipe my custom bouquets. However it did get rid of the greyed out duplicates under "All" services

c. At times I get a "Service not found (SID not found in PAT)" message. What do I need to do to resolve this?
This happens for a few reasons
1. a channel that only broadcasts between say 22:00 and 04:00 will show this message at the times it is not broadcasting
2. when a channel changes frequency you will get this message until you update it with the new frequency.

I think its (2) one in my case. So the Satellites.xml stores the satellites and transponders....where are the frequencies of a currently found service stored ?
 
Last edited:
Hi,
I know I can load the services list for UK under /etc/enigma2 and the satellites.xml under /etc/tubox
Well, actually it's a bit more complicated then that:
In etc/tuxbox you indeed find a satellites.xml. But: it's a system-file, that can be updated when doing an online image update.
In etc/enigma2 you can find (or if it isn't there you can place it there) the user-file satellites.xml.
On startup E2 starts looking for the file in etc/enigma2 and will use it if found. If it isn't been found there E2 will use the systemfile in etc/tuxbox.
Whenever writing settings to your box, always write them (both the services and the satellites.xml) to etc/enigma2.
In case the user-file gets corrupted the system will fall back on the system-file.
When installing settings from the feeds, they come without the satellites.xml.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top