Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Record into a single file

FiFtHeLeMeNt

New member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
46
Hi,
When I record a channel on my VU+ solo 4K, the STB creates multiple files on my HDD like ts.ap, ts.sc, ts.cuts, ts.eip while only .ts file is the actual recording.
It makes my HDD very messy while browsing it using Windows file sharing.
Is it possible to config the STB to only record .ts file ? and dont create additional files ?

Regards
 
These are the files associated with all recordings.
Enigma2 requires them all for the following reasons:

*.ts
file with the DVB Transport Stream, the actual recording

*.eit
file with the EPG info and audio channels info

*.ts.ap
video cut file, for the cut plugin

*.ts.meta
meta info, used for the display of the movie list

*.ts.cuts
stores the last position where the movie was stopped while playing

*.ts.sc
file with info for cutting the movie with the MovieCut plugin.
This file stores information about the recorded movie.
E.g. it includes the cut positions for the MovieCut plugin, or structure info about the .ts files for improved fast forward/rewind.
This file is mandatory, without it the movie cannot be played without problems.

The .ts file can be moved on it's own to another device such as a PC.
Just rename the .ts extension to .mpg and it should play on most external players.
 
As an aside, I use the event name recording format. Works so much better for manipulation afterwards.
 
I actually found another way to resolve my issue.
I configured samba to not to show these files when I access my STB from my PC.
In order to do it add the following line to /etc/samba/smb.conf under [Harddisk] section :
Code:
veto files = /*.meta/*.sc/*.ap/*.cuts/*.eit/
and then restart samba :
Code:
/etc/init.d/samba restart

Now I have a clean share consisting of only .ts files :)
I hope it helps someone else.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top