Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] remove plugins - getting plugin information ... Please wait

nekrub2

Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
354
Reaction score
5
Points
18
Location
Switzerland
Dear all
Since being on image 5.3.. I see sometimes latencies. One strange example is this.
Remove plugins
I get the message: "Getting plugin information ... Please wait"
This stays for minutes. When I click into one category and see the the indiviual plugins the text is still somewhere in the text.
I attach two screenshots.

Memory information:
RAM:Total 572464 thereof free 384524
Buffers 692, cashed 41264
Total swap 0, free swap 0
Flash: Total 194.8 M - thereof free 39.0M

So I would assume it is not a memory issue. Did not have this under 5.2.045.

Any clue? Should I re-flash clean and install the plugins one by one?
Thanks for your advice
nekrub2
 

Attachments

  • remove_plugin_please_wait_2.webp
    remove_plugin_please_wait_2.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 15
  • remove_plugin_please_wait.webp
    remove_plugin_please_wait.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
I might try rebooting router and box as it might have stored a bug as its not suppose to be that slow,no one else hogging broadband with downloads.
 
Flashed vix 5.3.002 again, restored settings and plugins. Rebooted box and router. Still the same. Looks like temporary memory leaks. Because of this and the hbbtv restore problem (separate threat) I am tempted to go back to 5.2.045. Will report what I have decided and the outcome.
Thanks anyway
nekrub2
 
Just tried 'remove' and 'download' plugins on my Solo2 and all working normally so don't think it's the image. Using 5.3.002 by the way.
 
So 2 things!
1. Go to Menu/user/languages - select (I am guessing!) swiss and then the delete button - answering Yes will delete everything bar Swiss and ENglish - should give you about 90MB additional in flash - see if that makes a difference.
2. debug log?
 
Have to say that log is doing everything apart from looking at plugins..... so much activity, timers and everything going off
After a restart, I would let everything calm down and then access plugins .... to be honest with so much activity I am not surprised things are slow.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top