Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Renaming saved recording needs exit from that directory to get title changed (MovieSelection.py)

I appear to have have a solution.

Basically the renameCallback() has to assume it has renamed things and hence they may need to be resorted (not just redisplayed). Hence it needs to reload() the data after the renames (which might be a list of them).

Try this version of Screens/MovieSelection.py and see whether it works for you.

View attachment MovieSelection.zip

It does leave you on the same index in the list, rather than move with a renamed item, but since you might be renaming multiple items at once this will need to do.
 
If I rename a recording in the top level of movielist, it leaves me with that renamed recording highlighted.

If I rename a recording stored in a "real" folder, it leaves me with that renamed recording highlighted in the "real" folder.

If I rename a recording inside a "collection", it returns to movielist, highlighting the first entry after deleted items (based on "sort by date").

If I rename that recording back to the "collection" name, the "collection" in movielist is then left highlighted.
 
Last edited:
If I rename a recording ....
But did it fix the issue of immediately displaying the changed name?

f I rename a recording inside a "collection", it returns to movielist, highlighting the first entry after deleted items (based on "sort by date").
  • What is a "collection"?
  • Why/how do you have deleted items in a a movielist (that isn't .Trash)?
  • Is "sort by date" your normal sort method?
 
But did it fix the issue of immediately displaying the changed name?


  • What is a "collection"?
  • Why/how do you have deleted items in a a movielist (that isn't .Trash)?
  • Is "sort by date" your normal sort method?

I've said this before, why do I bother.
 
But did it fix the issue of immediately displaying the changed name?

Yes, here's me thinking "renamed recording" meant the name of the recording after it had been renamed.

  • What is a "collection"?

A standard ViX feature for organising recordings of the same name into "pseudo" folders of the same name, mentioned in 6 posts in this thread.

Try it, it can be switched off just as easily, with no changes what so ever to /media/hdd/movie.

  • Why/how do you have deleted items in a a movielist (that isn't .Trash)?

When I delete a recording it goes into "Deleted items", like everyone else, I'd imagine. That's why I used it as a reference to where the highlighted entry was.

  • Is "sort by date" your normal sort method?

It's the default, which I haven't changed.
 
Last edited:
Thank you Birdman and CCS, for looking into it, finding a solution and testing it.
I imagine this new version will then be included in the next update.


PS: I'm sure Birdman just wanted to be thorough and certain you both were talking about the same thing. So, thank you CCS for taking the time afterwards to confirm that.
It is so easy to be misunderstood, as even the most easy wording, heard by a person with different experiences, can mean something else to that person.
Thank you both !!!
 
If I rename a recording inside a "collection", it returns to movielist, highlighting the first entry after deleted items (based on "sort by date").
OK. I now understand what you mean by this.

As for collections - I'd never used them, as I've always put recordings into a suitably named "category" directory. However, having turned them on (on a same-directory basis) it does tidy up the display.
I think I'll leave them on...

Yes, it jumps to the top of that directory list after a rename. Although it might not be the top. If you multi-select n files for renaming it ends up item n.
I'll see what can be done...
 
Is this one any better?

View attachment MovieSelection.zip

This should leave you within a collection (even when you select and rename them all so that it actually no longer exists).

There does seem to be a limitation in what can be (reasonably) done.

There seems to be no way to track an individual item on the list, only a way to remember the index (how far "down" the list you are).

But at least this does display the new name.
 
... yes, that looks ok.

If you rename a programme in a collection, you remain in that collection.

If you rename a programme which ends up in a collection, you remain where you where before renaming it.

Moving (renaming) files from one collection to another also does what you'd expect.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top