Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Samba 3.0.37 user-level security

enf70

New member
Joined
May 3, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I think user-level security (security = user in smb.conf) is broken in samba 3.0.37 on Vu+.
Any user apart from the guest user fails to authenticate and the error message in smb.log is something like: "Failed to set gid privileges..."

I have recompiled samba with the following line in "samba_3.0.37.bb":
CFLAGS += "-DUSE_SETREUID=1"

and now user-level security seems to be working fine.

I though some people might be interested in this.
 
hi thanks
did you add this in the EXTRA_OECONF += "\ section?
so it would look like this:-

EXTRA_OECONF += "\
SMB_BUILD_CC_NEGATIVE_ENUM_VALUES=yes \
CFLAGS += "-DUSE_SETREUID=1" \
"
 
No, I added it as a standalone line. (there could be better ways of adding this to the compiler directives when compiling samba but this worked for me).

------------

CFLAGS += "-DUSE_SETREUID=1"

EXTRA_OECONF += "\
SMB_BUILD_CC_NEGATIVE_ENUM_VALUES=yes \
"

-----------------
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top