Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Samba and NFS

bellejt

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
2,254
Reaction score
54
Points
48
Age
65
updated to latest image and see that NFS and samba are not started again.NFS installed and working.Samba will not install nor work.
 
ok just did that and have to wait because recording now.Thx for quick reply
 
yep update it must be.Probably typo error :)
 
not working.Will revert back to older image.Same problem as images ago.
 
This used to work in older images that had the same issue:
opkg install packagegroup-base-samba
 
Try a couch flash with no settings/plugins restored.

If samba starts ok, you can then restore your settings by selecting them in backupmanager.

(Only works if you have an ethernet connection, it won't work with wifi until you've set it up by hand first.)
 
image 5.3.007 is not downloading.Waiting stays on screen.I will download and flash USB. Post later
 
image 5.3.007 is not downloading.Waiting stays on screen.I will download and flash USB. Post later
I've just downloaded it ok, maybe that's why samba won't start, it downloads first.
 
just did a USB flash and settings restore from version 5.3.001 and samba is fine now.Noticed that wanting to restore from version above 5.3.001 not working.Says incompatible.

PS : just noticed same problem on second box duo2 bedroom.Samba not working after online update.No problem on the octagon SF8008.
 
Last edited:
Both my Octagon SF4008 and my Zgemma H7S suffered from this problem. Are there any HD51 plans to fix the issue?

I did find that installing 5.3.001 without restoring my setting, getting Samba to work and then upgrading to 5.3.009 killed Samba. I had to flash 5.3.009 without restoring settings, get Samba to work and then restore my settings.
 
This is a change in Samba on the OE-A (this defines the basic config on all OE-A images) - nothing to do direxctly with the HD51
 
I installed to from usb 5.3.007 an got samba and nfs to work on duo2 and SF8008.Now after updating no more problems here,keeps working fine
 
This is a change in Samba on the OE-A (this defines the basic config on all OE-A images) - nothing to do direxctly with the HD51
I should just have asked "Are there any plans to fix the issue?"
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top