Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Sat tuner config missing

  • Thread starter Thread starter kierank01
  • Start date Start date
K

kierank01

Guest
Hi,

I rebooted my vu+ duo, and now I cannot view any sat channels, the error I get is:

Code:
Service unavailable!
Check Tuner configuration!

When I go to the service searching > tuner config, and go into either tuner A or B, I can only choose automatic or nothing configured, normally I can choose a load of different sats.
If I simple/single mode, & choose auto, and press save, I get a message:
Code:
Checking tuner 0
DiSEqC port A for astra 2 28.2e

The screen freezes there, and the only option is to abort, but pressing abort does nothing.
The box is not hung, because I can go the the web interface, and change channels to a dtt station, and view that, but the 'checking tuner 0' message stays up, the only way to get rid of it is to reboot.

this happened to me last week, and I tried a load of things to try and fix it, but couldn't resolve it.
I replaced the satellite.xml file (in a number of locations)
I did a factory reset, and reloaded a settings backup
I did a factory reset, without loading a backup.

I was running an old version of VIX, so decided to flash the latest, which worked fine, but now the same issue has recurred, and I would like to resolve it without having to reflash again, and if it happens after a reflash, it will probably happen again...

Any ideals?
 
check your Tuner Configuration.

MENU --> SETUP --> Service searching --> Tuner configuration.
 
How old was your original image.

If it was v2.2 or earlier you should have Upgraded your Boot Loader before loading a current image.
 
Thanks for your reply, that is where I am going:

tuner config.webp

The only options that I have is auto and not connected, there is no option for any other satellites
 
Can't remember what my old image was, but I did update the bootloader maybe 6 months or a year ago...
 
Thanks for confirming that you updated the bootloader - that eliminates that possibility.

I think you are saying that everything was working perfectly after you set up your box after a reflash - then it went wrong sometime later.

That sounds more like a hardware fault than a soft/firmware issue. Have you tried checking if the tuner module is firmly seated in its socket.
 
Thanks for confirming that you updated the bootloader - that eliminates that possibility.

I think you are saying that everything was working perfectly after you set up your box after a reflash - then it went wrong sometime later.

That sounds more like a hardware fault than a soft/firmware issue. Have you tried checking if the tuner module is firmly seated in its socket.

a hardware issue is indeed a disturbing prospect...but the vu+ duo does not appear to have a removable sat tuner
 
Just upgraded image to 775 and also used Vhannibal 01/11. (TMTwin) Experiencing same thing. Maybe an issue between the two.

Put a new satllites.xml file into chanenl list,reloaded and restarted, same thing happens.
 
Last edited:
Just upgraded image to 775 and also used Vhannibal 01/11. (TMTwin) Experiencing same thing. Maybe an issue between the two.

Put a new satllites.xml file into chanenl list,reloaded and restarted, same thing happens.

While I am not happy that you are experiencing the same thing, I am glad that I am not the only one...

I haven't used vhannibal though, I did a manual scan, and manually setup my bouquets on dreambox edit
 
I reflashed the box, and did a manual scan of 28.2e, worked fine, did a reboot to bring the usb dtt tuner online, and lost the sat config again...same issue.
 
What about trying to run the box for a few days without the USB DTT tuner.

If it runs for a few days without any problem, fine. Then put in the USB DTT tuner and see if it works ok or not. If you lose your sat channels again you know that it's the USB DTT tuner that's the problem.
 
I flashed another image onto the box, and the same issue is occurring...this would suggest that it is not an image issue...

haven't tried removing the usb tuner yet, but will give it a try..
 
I flashed another image onto the box, and the same issue is occurring...this would suggest that it is not an image issue...

haven't tried removing the usb tuner yet, but will give it a try..

What other images did you try that had the same issue?
 
What other images did you try that had the same issue?

I used blackhole.

I'm not sure of the etiquette here, but if the issue is not specific to vix should this thread be in another section?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top