Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Satellite box becomes regularly unresponsive with logo spinning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danielorum
  • Start date Start date
D

Danielorum

Guest
Hello everybody.

I have a regular occurring problem with my satellite box. often the Box becomes unresponsive while watching TV and the logo in the upper left corner is just spinning, and I need to manually switch off box and turn it on again. is there any obvious reasons why it is doing this.

I would like to look in the log file, but I am unsure where to look, and I am using this box with my satellite subscription card, so I am not interested in Sharing any personal details.

thanks for your help.
 
I thought all boxes needed a swap file. How do you know which do and which ones don't. ?
 
Good question, how do we know when to use a swap file? Most receivers have the option to set one up, if there not needed why would there be an option?
 
As a general rule: not any box needs one.
Unless you have a very old box like a DUO.
Yeah but if you remember rob this box was based directly on the duo it self. Still I never needed a swap file on one or the two duos I had either for that matter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for all your great replys

I have created a swap file and hope this will solve the issue. I have one hard drive and one USB flash drive connected to my technomate box. But I was only able to create A swap file on the hard drive. Will this make my hard drive constantly Active? I think it is because my flash drive was not formatted in Ext format.
 
Yes, the swap-file is needed constantly, so the HDD has to be spinning.
An EXT4 stick will do the job just fine.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top