Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Skybox was fine - Now no signal??

adamandvicci

New member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hope this is in the right thread... Did a search and found nothing....


I have a Skybox a3 in the bedroom and a VU Ultimo downstairs both have separate satellite feed (2 to Vu - 1 to Skybox)

Anyway, I was setting my mates Skybox up for him so unplugged mine and plugged in his f5s. All worked fine...

When I have come to plug my box back in I am getting an error of no signal, showing 5%-7%, I plugged his back in thinking my box had gone but his is the same..... I have checked all the wiring which seems intact and I even got a small shock off of the coax so something is there...


I am now lost, worked fine for over 8 months and now no signal on any channel at all.... Please help... Need the box for my man cave!!:confused:
 
Well, if the only thing you did was plugging and unplugging boxes, the only thing I can imagine is that the F-connector came loose.
 
As rob says the likely culprit is a loose f-connector. remove and re-fit it and see of that sorts things.
 
Another little thing to throw in the mix as a previous F5s owner is they don't like some lnb's, there is a home made resistor adaptor available for them so that they can receive all transponders in 13v instead of 18v, it's possible that the f5s has damaged your lnb, can you try your a3 on another feed?
 
Another little thing to throw in the mix as a previous F5s owner is they don't like some lnb's, there is a home made resistor adaptor available for them so that they can receive all transponders in 13v instead of 18v, it's possible that the f5s has damaged your lnb, can you try your a3 on another feed?
Forward path attenuators used on cable modems do the trick for that resistor also and a lot neater 6db seem to do the trick made by technetix also available from virgin media installers if you spot one
 
I thought this myself but the coax extension was put in by my virgin media friend so the f connector is a machine done, mechanical type and not a DIY one. Do these still go faulty? Can I cut and stick DIY f plug on it? It does look sturdy and i didnt yank or pull it. Im flummoxed!
 
OK Changed the connector, not that, exactly the same, any other ideas before I have to totally rewire? Can the wire just die?
 
did the box work on another feed as suggested by DaMacFunkin?
will rule the box out.
 
yes
.........

Have a sly dish up. swapped the feeds both middle ones and its fine again. Thanks to all. :cool:

Is there any way of fixing the one that has broken or is that it? Or can I split the satelliete signal internally with a splitter and get the same effect?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
it would be just as easy to fit a new LNB if its a sly one they are 10 a penny lol
 
skyboxes on 28.2 with other boxes will always have issues with the no signal problem,when you removed it first was power off on box before removing cables and hdmi always have boxes powered off if messing with cables hdmi and usb.
 
Sky lnb 2.webpSky lnb 1.webpSky lnb 3.webpSky lnb 4.webp

I think most standard sky dish LNB's have the same fixings and just clamp on with a screw like these
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top