Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

software update

dougieduncan

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hi ive got red light flashing that indicates a software update , do I upgrade and reboot system or perform a full image backup or update channel list only ,last time I updated I had to start box from scratch ie load channels scan satellites etc and don't want to do this again as have my box working great right now.
 
hi ive got red light flashing that indicates a software update , do I upgrade and reboot system or perform a full image backup or update channel list only ,last time I updated I had to start box from scratch ie load channels scan satellites etc and don't want to do this again as have my box working great right now.

Im currently sat getting another tattoo so not near a receiver to check, but you can set it up so that the receiver will make a set of backups first as part of the upgrade procedure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Menu > Setup > Sytem > Software update

"Automatic setting backup" should be set to yes.

Also, what image version are you on at the moment? If you are on 521 or less, you are advised to USB flash instead of online updates. Any higher than 521 is fine for online update.
 
hi thanks for reply im currently on build 600 automatic setting back up is set to yes. was wondering if I do software update will everything remain same as it is now
 
obviously with new software updates but will channels list etc stay the same as I said earlier update a while back had to scan everything again
 
You need to select "upgrade and reboot".

The image backup will create an image which you can reflash using USB if you want to revert back. This is not needed.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top