Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Software update

Hamram

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 3, 2010
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
Points
0
When I choose the update option in the menu, I get a message telling me that there's a problem retrieving the update list. If I use the Image manager in the Vix-menu, I can download and install updates, but then I have to install everything (plugging and settings) from the backup files, and that's a bit annoying, as the box then crash and restart on the first attempt. When it starts over again, I can go to the backup manager and run the latest backup file. This will get me most of my plugins, but not all. So I always have to do some restoration manually.
Edit: I wasn't able to get down epgrefresh manually either this time.
Edit 2: It was there. Only had to restart.

Is there anything I can do to get the updates through the "ordinary" update? It was always nice to read about the changes made, before I chose to go for it, and it was great to get it all ready at once, without struggling to get it restored.
 
Last edited:
Which version of ViX were you updating from?
 
Which image are you using at the moment? You have entered 5.1 004, is this the current version you have?

Issue this command and post back the results

Code:
opkg update && opkg list-upgradable
 
I was at 5.1.004, but did a manual update to 5.1.006. I can go back to 004, and try what you suggest, if it has any meaning..?

Regarding the other post: It must have been posted twice by accident, as I was prompted to log in just as I posted it.

Edit: I ran the commando in 006, and it now will search for new updates. I guess this was the trick! Thanx a whole lot!
 
Last edited:
So what is manual update please?

When I have to go to the Vix-menu, Image manager, choose download, pick the version I need, download it, and then install it. Afterwards I'll have to restore all settings and plugins. This is what I speak of as manual update.
 
Please do not confuse terms.

Software update = software update.
Flash image = flash image
Restore settings = restore settings
Restore settings and plugins = restore settings and plugins


So, someone could say:
I couldn't perform a software update. I had to flash the newest image using Image manger then restore my settings and plugins.


EDIT:
A definite way of finding out why a software update does not work is to issue the command posted in post 3. You will see exactly where/why it fails. Normally people add some feeds and they can no longer access them, so opkg fails.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top