Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Solo2 keeps losing network connection (Ethernet)

vuesolo

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Guys my Solo2 keeps losing network connection. I have to constantly reboot and and 'Restart Network'

I've been trying various images, from the latest 5.4.014 working backwards to 5.4.012.

I've rebooted Router, swopped ethernet cable etc, all to no joy.

Is there anything else anyone can recommend? cheers
 
No just standard Motorised Dish and IPTV via Xtream Editor.

Just opened up Solo2 and gave it all a good blow out, in case of dust issues.
 
Just checked and indeed MGCAMD was ticked, you were right :)

so unticked it.

Whats the best way to completely get rid of MGCAMD, as i have used for quite a few years now?
 
You don't have to get rid of mgcamd, you have to change/ get rid of the line in the config file that is flooding your network.

Change this line

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

to

L: { 00 }
 
Last edited:
Is this the mg_cfg file in /use/keys ?

If so I cannot see the line you suggested.

I see why I couldn't find the line, its already been edited, as below:

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 00 }

I'll see how the solo2 behaves now with MGCamD deactivated.

Cheers for your help
 
Last edited:
Hi,
another possibility is GigaBit. Solo2 uses undocumented and untested features of the SOC to get something like GigaBit. If you can switch back to 100MBit on your router it might be more stable.

Ralf
 
hiya ok, will keep that in mind, if I carry on experiencing issues.

So far its been good n stable, lets hope it lasts :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top