Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Spinner for 30 seconds when accessing NAS recordings

Willo3092

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Oct 1, 2016
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
25
Points
48
Location
East Midlands
It's not doing it all of the time and it's the same on ViX 5.3.039. I suspect it's a problem with the NAS.
It's happening with 3 different boxes and seems to happen when there is a recording in progress or a new recording has been added.
All of my boxes record to this location.
The log is showing a skin error but it still happens with the default and emergency skins.
This is the log when pressing the file list button if it sheds any light on the cause?


<141120.3602> 14:19:53.8948 [Skin] Processing screen 'MovieSelectionSummary', position=(0, 0), size=(720 x 576) for module 'MovieSelectionSummary'.
<141120.3644> 14:19:53.8991 [Skin] Error in screen 'MovieSelectionSummary' widget 'widget' [Skin] {Simple_Ten_Eighty/skin.xml}: The source 'Service' was not found in screen 'MovieSelectionSummary'! Please contact the skin's author!!
<141120.3713> 14:19:53.9060 [Screen] Showing screen 'MovieSelectionSummary'.
<141120.3780> 14:19:53.9127 [Screen] Showing screen 'MovieSelection'.
<141120.4567> 14:19:53.9914 [Screen] Showing screen 'MovieSelection'.
<141124.6606> 14:19:58.1953 [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
<141150.6769> 14:20:24.2115 [eDVBTSTools] setSource loading streaminfo for /media/net/RECORDINGS/20201123 1105 - BBC One HD - Claimed and Shamed.ts
<141150.6979> 14:20:24.2326 [eDVBTSTools] calcBegin [@ML] m_streaminfo.getLastFrame returned 363780, 1539998959 (17111s), fixup to: 363780, 29122 (0s)
<141152.8043> 14:20:26.3389 [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
<141180.7789> 14:20:54.3136 [eDVBTSTools] setSource loading streaminfo for /media/net/RECORDINGS/20201123 1059 - YESTERDAY - Abandoned Engineering.ts
<141180.8137> 14:20:54.3484 [eDVBTSTools] calcBegin [@ML] m_streaminfo.getLastFrame returned 117124, 742110814 (8245s), fixup to: 117124, 58848 (0s)
<141180.9978> 14:20:54.5325 [eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=54): Value too large for defined data type
 
.... also this error.....

Code:
<141180.9978> 14:20:54.5325 [eDVBPESReader] ERROR reading PES (fd=54): Value too large for defined data type
 
I only record to hdd and move them from there,might you have tried a reboot as had a few spinners moving files?
 
Hi
I have same delay, but, it is because I chose to have the NAS go to sleep when inactive. If the NAS is awake then no such delay here.
 
I may have had some success, it hasn't done it today anyway.
I googled 'ERROR reading PES' and the suggestion for a different problem on the Pli forum was to install python-requests.

opkg install python-requests from putty

I tried it and rebooted and all been good so far so fingers crossed fingers crossed.webp
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top