Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Spinning Vix icon with a please wait on boot stuck

sivhead

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
269
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Hello., I flashed the image recently configured it all so it was setup. Then today changed the skin to something it needed a reboot to activate the skin now when booting up, I@ vant ghet passed the please wait screen and the spinning vix logo. ( I cant remember which skin it was openvix FHD something or other).

I can ftp to the box is there a wayI can revert the skin without having to reflash?
Ta sivhead
 
Issue the "init 4" command using Putty or similar.
Using FTP, navigate to /etc/enigma2, the file called "settings" will specify the skin, delete the line. Transfer back.

Then issue "init 3" command using putty
 
Last edited:
I putty to the box
init 4
ftp://ip.add.re.ss
root
passwd
back to putty init4
copied the settings file out to dfesktop
edited with notepad++
deleted the line config.skin.primary_skin=MetrixFHD/skin.xml
Copied the file back
back to putty init 3
reboot


same thing. I noticed the epg cachepath was pointing to hdd so I changd this to config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/cf/
reboot still wont boot so I willl reflash


I'll try to recreate the spinning logo on boot again. I will reboot after every change,
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top