Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Spinning Vix logo and slow channel change

stat0r

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have noticed in the past week or two that sometimes, when I change channel, Its quite slow and I see the spinning Vix logo for 3-5 seconds before the channel actually changes I was suspicious that maybe my setup was to blame - perhaps some old plugin, or picon files lying around etc. So tonight I did an absolutely bear bones clean install of 5.3.009. I did not import settings, I did not install picons. Lo and behold its happening again. I'd say it is something that was introduced in some recent build. Has anyone else noticed this?
 
I have noticed in the past week or two that sometimes, when I change channel, Its quite slow and I see the spinning Vix logo for 3-5 seconds before the channel actually changes I was suspicious that maybe my setup was to blame - perhaps some old plugin, or picon files lying around etc. So tonight I did an absolutely bear bones clean install of 5.3.009. I did not import settings, I did not install picons. Lo and behold its happening again. I'd say it is something that was introduced in some recent build. Has anyone else noticed this?

I had the same experience and my Duo2 is mostly a bare bone, only added plugin is CCcam to read a SRG card and I think that was the problem, I switched to Scam and everything ia a lot faster...

If you use that too maybe newer version of Vix have some problem with CCcam,

G
 
I've a vu+ solo2 and a swiss TV card and quite a lot of plugins. Nevertheless I have no issue with switching speed. The only non standard I have is a 8GB USB mounted as HDD and so outsourced MP3Browser cache, the E2iplayer download / temp and the setting backup directed to the USB. Can you read out the memory information (Menue > Information > Memory).

If you are short on memory I would suggest deleting all but one setting backup and all languages not required. And you can uninstall the not required skin versions in the plugin section.
Good luck
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top