Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Stuck On Reading USB At Start Up

  • Thread starter Thread starter steven1977
  • Start date Start date
S

steven1977

Guest
I'm trying to flash a duo with the latest Vix image but as soon as I turn the box on the box screen just gets stuck saying Reading USB. I've tried 5 different sticks but no luck. There no other USB's connected when I do this. And if I remove the USB the box boots up as normal. Any ideas on a fix for this???
Thanks Steven
 
If you already have vix on your box then download the latest image with the image manager and flash it from there - no need for a usb stick.
 
Won't let me. Says there is a problem with the device and needs formatting
 
Won't let me. Says there is a problem with the device and needs formatting

So format it ext3 and check its mounted then set up the usb in Imagemanager (Menu/backup location)
Then download latest image and restore (flash)
 
So format it ext3 and check its mounted then set up the usb in Imagemanager (Menu/backup location)
Then download latest image and restore (flash)

The error comes up when I go into Image Manager. The box reads the USB fine so that I can put the EPG info on it. I'm at a loss as to why it gets stuck on start up when there's a USB in it
 
OK 2 different things.
Flashing from usb can be difficult, especially for some usb sticks and some receivers, so its easier to fix that issue by couch flash. Don,t ask me why, I have used all sorts of usb sticks formatted to fat32 and my Xtrends have always read them:)

So when you have a working OpenViX image, flash a usb to ext3 format and then use that in imagemanager for images as above.
Takes away all the crap about finding a usb that works for usb flashing:)
 
Last edited:
Did you find out the problem mate? I have got exactly the same problem.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top