Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Symbol rate cap

Aust-VAST

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2018
Messages
95
Reaction score
4
Points
8
Location
Central NSW Australia
Hi all,

Its the time of year I seem to spend a few dollars and am fixated with accessing a bird here in Australia with a 47,300 MSyms symbol rate!

Need some advice as the two DUO4KSE's I bought two years ago are excellent but not for the satellite I wanted.

Can the impressive AX HD61 cope to 50,000 say for my plan?

Help appreciated, actually any other boxes known to work into that range, I must really want a new Xmas gadget from WOS !! :rolleyes:

My Dish tuner goes to 65,000 at least so I can see it, just not in the HT.
 
Which satellite tuner do you have in the SE? I am using the later S2X version and can open 44000 symbol transponders.
 
By the way SF8008 is recommended for high SR and pretty effective blindscan.
 
Which satellite tuner do you have in the SE? I am using the later S2X version and can open 44000 symbol transponders.

By the way SF8008 is recommended for high SR and pretty effective blindscan.

The VU+DUO4KSE Tuner is NIM(45308X FBC) (DVB-S2X).

As an aside, I now have finally tuned one stream at a time, but it is not stable, if I reboot, there is no resolution until I tune from a DVB service to the stream which has been saved and it is then resolved (sort of triggers the decoding but it won't start on the service as it shows 0% signal until I tune down to an empty service then back to the stream that works).

How that came about is that I have the latest VIX image, updated the SATELLITE.XML and did a scan, presto, it resolves 47,300 SR on just one stream :cool:.

I am going to investigate an SCR/ Jess LNBF from WOS (not available in Australia), will that likely help?

Thank you for the reply and good on the SF8008, it looks a impressive unit.
 


Yes, the TP's for Australia are the ones I need (feeds, in clear), currently we have to use a CAM/ Government authorised broadcast called VAST (View Access Satellite Television) for FTA (Free To Air) services.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Optus-D3-10.html

The CAM+Card are paired by the host (Optus/ SingTel Communications) and cost users' from €145 ~ €364 approximately, channel changes are typically three seconds, boot time is a minute or so longer and some of the FTA services are no longer available on VAST.

:confused: Only in Australia for FTA.
 
Now I am confused. What do you need a CAM for? And you didn't tell us this is multistream.
 
So sf8008 should work fine if you have the PLS codes. Codes may be in satellites.xml. Otherwise you would need an OS Mio 4k or 4k+ as these are the only boxes that can resolve the PLS codes from scratch.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top