Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Three second pause when changing channel setting question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ichi
  • Start date Start date
I

Ichi

Guest
Hi,
When selecting a channel e.g 111 there is a three second pause before the VIX software moves to the new channel. This 3 second timer can be bypassed by pressing the "OK" button straight after the third button. Is it possible for any option in menu/setting where the three second timer can be removed, so on the third input button when changing channel it straight away goes to the new channel?
 
the zap time can be affected by many things such as the location of your picons if you use them. for example if you have picons stored on a HDD rather than a USB stick it can put as many as 5 to 7 seconds onto the zap time.
 
Hi phoenix,
The zap time is quick, as if I press Channel (+) or (-) button, the channel loads instantly.
Or if I enter channel 111 and OK with the following button combination (1), (1), (1), (OK) its very quick. The issue is if I press (1), (1), (1), there is then a 3 second timer before it changes to channel 111. Just wondering if there is an option/setting to remove that timer?
 
No there's not. Try moving your picons to a USB stick and see if it makes a difference.
 
I use Silverfox's bouquets & always add my favourites to a new bouquet above all the others.
That way I can put RTE1 on no.1, RTE2 on no.2 and so on...
The 3 second wait is a pain if I just want to press 1 and get to RTE 1, never tried numbers in the 100's as I don't watch that many channels without browsing EPG first.
A timeout setting on this zapping option would be a nice feature.
 
Hi Stanman, the speed of zapping is superb. The issue is more in what Judge was saying. I am using Silverfox's bouquet, trying to mimic a Sky box in terms of channel numbers, so only inputting channels from 101 to 999. A timeout would a good feature, but don't think there is that much of a demand as searched forum and could not find similar posts. Excellent software though!!!
 
this is because it supports 1'000 's of channels ;) so doing this would remove support for 4 digit channel numbers. for us with motor/multi-lnb setups.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top