Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Time and Filebrowser

  • Thread starter Thread starter JulesW
  • Start date Start date
Yep. FTP works great.

Thanks for the tip!

One last question....

Some of these files are 5gb...

Any recommended software that will help me shrink them to ~1gb with reasonable decrease in the quality?

p.s. I just finished to transfer the first file from the VU+ to my computer to find out I can't skip at all. Can't forward, can't rewind. Gotta watch it all in one piece. Any solution to that?
 
Last edited:
theres a topic here on the forum where people been discussing best software for that

Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6967-Vu-Duo-Recordings-Best-Software-to-Convert-Files&highlight=movie+size

in regards to ur recordings, what you using to watch the recording vlc? or windows media?
 
Try vlc or could be a codec issue. I use vlc and all works fine. Have you installed a codec pack? Pheonix posts regular updates to kazaa code pack on this forum is u searc for it. It has everything you need in order to play any file format. Try vlc first if nt install the codec pack n try again
 
I prefer KMP as it's the only decent player that allows easy skipping while playing the file. You can skip 5 sec back and forward in a keystroke. Nothing like that in VLC or WMP which makes it a hell for me to work with.

Will go for the codec pack in hope it'll make a diff.
 
Sorry... searched the forum and couldn't find anything like that.

When I google for Kazaa codec I get the K-lite ones. Is that the same?
 
sorry yeh K-Lite codecs got used to the other name Kazaa lol here the post anyway

Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6817-K-Lite-Codec-Pack-7.00-%28Full%29&highlight=K-lite
 
Ok, updated K-lite.

Still no change on the KMP.

WMP works fine, but it's really ineffective to me.

Anyhow, I'll go start shrinking these files and see how they function on the KMP in a different format/file type. Will act according to that.

Thanks!
 
The first is that it displays the wrong time. I'm on GMT+2, and this is what I set up on the box, but it shows the time one hour earlier. Obviously it effects all my timers and so on. Couldn't find anywhere to update the time manually.
The threat went a bit off-topic, but is your time-problem solved?
Try setting an other timezone, and see if that makes a difference.
Although there is no setting for DST on/off, that might be included in the several "GMT+2"-zones.
 
Tried to work with VideoReDo and staxrip. The later did a good job ripping one 5gb .ts file to 1gb avi and then it worked well, with sound, skipping and all on my player.

Yet since then two other files I loaded on staxrip made the software crash, so... I'll move on.

Probably give TSDoctor and FreeMake a try...

Thanks for the concern.
 
Forgot to get back on this one...

Using FTP to d/l the files then Freemake to cut and convert them to ~1-1.5GB files.

All works well.

A few files I can't play with KMP or Freemake (but can with WMP) but those I'll get back to later probably with some TS error fix software. I hope it'll fix it.

All in all...all set.

Thanks again for y'all.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top