Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Time to say thanks...

yngvekl

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Hi, it's been a long time since I've been here.

I've been using Vix images for several years now, and my Lady has never had any major meltdowns in regards to receiver failings, so I guess we can say the software produced by these eminent team members, is close to rock solid. Thank You all! :smiley_yup:

My lack of programming skills are stopping me from taking part in development, but perhaps I can still be of some use... I'm Norwegian, and I've noticed that the translations is not always up to date. So what do I need to do to contribute? Can someone give me a "crash-course"? Explain what I need to setup... git...++

Best regards,
Yngve
 
Thanks, I will look into that. Two questions though...

In Norway we have two official "dialects" (+ a third, saami, but that's a different story), that, on e.g. Norwegian DVD's, can be differentiated "no-nb, NO" and "no-nn, NO". The first one is mandatory, the second optional, at least in schools. Official documents etc. must always be available in both versions. Anyhow... I'm only using "no-nb" in my daily life, and do not care for the other one, but others might do. Is there a way to differentiate between these two in .po files? Can there be two separate Norwegian language translations?

/Yngve
 
He-he... :cool: That's the question...

Another question... instead of fetching the enigma2.po files from my receiver, can I find these on the net?

/Yngve

Edit: Is this the right place to look?
Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/po/no.po
 
Last edited:
OK, I downloaded master.zip and can edit the translations in Poedit or BetterpoEditor. There are however a number of sentences that is commented out. Is this intentional, or shall every sentence that is NOT fuzzy anymore (and translated OK) be de-commented?

/Yngve
 
He-he... :cool: That's the question...

Another question... instead of fetching the enigma2.po files from my receiver, can I find these on the net?

/Yngve

Edit: Is this the right place to look?
Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/po/no.po

the feeds are the most up to date, they are updated on every build, the git only gets updated when i am sent a new po to add.

install by doing in terminal

Code:
opkg install enigma2-po.ipk
 
just checked gettext to see what codes are supports here is what can be used.

Code:
‘nb’   Norwegian Bokmål.
‘nn’   Norwegian Nynorsk.
‘no’   Norwegian.
 
So filename will be "no_nb.po"

/Yngve

PS! Someone knows of a Poedit tutorial?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top