Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Timer Conflict where one shouldn't be!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vitrix
  • Start date Start date
V

Vitrix

Guest
I have a timer error on the xtrend ET9200 running VIX 2.3 when I set a timer to start on another channel directly after a previous recording has ended (one program finishes recording on Discovery HD at 20:00 and the other starts at 20:00 on Sky1HD) I have to set the end time of the previous recording to 1 min before the start time of the second recording to get it to record, I have disabled the timer buffer for before and after the recordings already but still get a conflicting timer error... anyone got any ideas? I only have 1 tuner enabled at the moment as dont have a second feed yet but this shouldn't make any difference.
 
It is normal for a potential conflict to exist when the end-time of one recording is the same as the start-time of a second one. And you found the solution yourself: let the first one stop before the second one has to start!
 
Thats not how I remember other timer solutions handling such situations surely there should be a way to set it so that for example if the end time is 20:00 and the start time is 20:00 the timer will set the start of the new recording to like 20:00:05s or similar ? Thanks for the clarification though, seems a bit of a clunky solution though!
 
Seconds can't be set in timers. As far as I know this has always been the case in Enigma2, but when having multiple tuners one is less likely to run into this.
 
Yeah thats fair enough, shame there is no work around, other than manually setting the timer to finish early, however I did just notice by setting a recording while your watching something if you have a timer already set it will end that recording early to accommodate that, mmm
 
..... if you have a timer already set it will end that recording early to accommodate that, mmm
Well, you wouldn't want that automated for timers, would you? That's why the timer-conflict-manager comes up, asking what you want to do in case of a conflict.
 
True enough, just the principle is the same as what I'm trying to achieve, Thanks for your help!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top