L
LeeC22
Guest
Okay, now I can get round to posting some new information.
Setting the preferred tuner settings (either of them) has no effect on a conflict happening or not. Just one point on this, my settings were at auto and none respectively, I don't remember changing them at any point but can you confirm if that is the default setting please?
Setting a recording on any Astra channel that ends at the same time as an existing NHK World HD timer causes no conflict.
Setting a timer on another satellite (HotBird or 19.2e) that ends at a time that overlaps an existing NHK World timer causes a timer conflict.
Setting a recording on 19.2e that ends at the same time as an existing NHK World timer, also causes a conflict.
I have noticed that there is an option to turn off timer conflict messages. So what I am going to do next, is to set a timer on NHK World for a random programme over the weekend and then to set a matching timer on another satellite that would cause a conflict... that is to identify a clashing programme. I will then go and turn that setting off, set the conflicting timer again and see what the end result is for both timers.
All of this could be a glitch in the conflict detection code and it could be throwing up false positives for timers the system is more than capable of dealing with. The worst case scenario is two random programmes don't get recorded. But the best case scenario works out if the conflict is genuine and causes a problem or not. As I think of more scenarios to test this problem, I will try them and report back on the results.
Setting the preferred tuner settings (either of them) has no effect on a conflict happening or not. Just one point on this, my settings were at auto and none respectively, I don't remember changing them at any point but can you confirm if that is the default setting please?
Setting a recording on any Astra channel that ends at the same time as an existing NHK World HD timer causes no conflict.
Setting a timer on another satellite (HotBird or 19.2e) that ends at a time that overlaps an existing NHK World timer causes a timer conflict.
Setting a recording on 19.2e that ends at the same time as an existing NHK World timer, also causes a conflict.
I have noticed that there is an option to turn off timer conflict messages. So what I am going to do next, is to set a timer on NHK World for a random programme over the weekend and then to set a matching timer on another satellite that would cause a conflict... that is to identify a clashing programme. I will then go and turn that setting off, set the conflicting timer again and see what the end result is for both timers.
All of this could be a glitch in the conflict detection code and it could be throwing up false positives for timers the system is more than capable of dealing with. The worst case scenario is two random programmes don't get recorded. But the best case scenario works out if the conflict is genuine and causes a problem or not. As I think of more scenarios to test this problem, I will try them and report back on the results.