Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Transcoding VS Original quality

Womble567

New member
Joined
Jun 25, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Firstly, big thanks to the development team for this plugin.

First time user of an enigma2 box (AX HD61), I set it up yesterday, and it worked straight away and plex allowed me to add it without any issues.

So I can now view, and record my satellite channels direct from plex.

That said, just trying to get my head around the quality. I set a recording in place for an HD movie overnight, but on checking it in the plex library afterwards it was recorded as 576i.

So with some playing around, I found by playing around with the transcoding settings within one of the enigma2 plugin I could get higher quality. Although, in setting 1080, I had to push the bitrate down to 3.5Mbpms to avoid stuttering. (its being fed over ethernet, no WiFi).

But how do I avoid it transcoding, am I not able to send it over to plex in native/original quality/resolution?

If not, is anyone able to suggest if I should make any other adjustments within the transcoder setup to maximise quality but avoid stuttering...

Thanks.
 
So you are using "HRTunerProxy"? Please post screen grabs of the setup.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top