Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Ultimo vs Duo: Anything I should know?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lscolman
  • Start date Start date
L

lscolman

Guest
Hi,

I've pretty much got my Duo to where I want it, but recently found that I could with a third tuner.

I'm investigating getting a DVB S2 USB tuner, but wonder if it may be a better solution to just go for an Ultimo.

As the Ultimo is an unknown quantity to me, is it essentially a Duo with 3 tuners, and therefore able to run the exact same software as the Duo.

I would hate to purchase it, only to find its not what I need. I'm hoping for a no surprise replacement if I go for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and aid me making an informed purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee
 
Well the best peeps to answer this question, are peeps that own the Ultimo, but would guess that it has several advantages, I would like one myself, but at the mo, not possible
hope you get the answers you are hoping for though
 
I don't have an Ultimo either, have a duo & 2 solos.
I've added an extra tuner to all boxes using Nova T USB tuners & they work fine, however I do get some rare random crashes using the USB stick.
I'd guess inbuilt tuners would always be better supported than external USB tuners.
If I had the cash to throw away, I'd definitely buy an Ultimo, VU make quality kit.
 
Iscolman,

I upgraded to the Ultimo from a Duo and its a great box that handles 3 tuners well! The VFD is nice and the extras don't go a miss either!

If you fancy spending the money, go for it! I preferred that route to the £80 a USB S2 would run...the extra features justified the extra £100 to me!
 
Hi Sandman,

Must admit those picons on the front display look the business. Are they difficult to get working?

I'm moving more towards the Ultimo all the time.

Are there any ongoing issues with the box I need to be aware of?

Also you mention extras. Can you elaborate on what you find especially good?

Cheers, Lee
 
I sold my Duo and got the Ultimo, and it was a great upgrade for me, as like Sandman, I love the vfd, and the extra tuner was well worth it too for me.

The other advantages (faster cpu, extra memory and bigger nand flash) should also come into there own further down the line.

I have since bought another Duo for another room, and in use there identical, but the Ultimo definately has the edge imo.
 
Hi Sandman,

Must admit those picons on the front display look the business. Are they difficult to get working?

I'm moving more towards the Ultimo all the time.

Are there any ongoing issues with the box I need to be aware of?

Also you mention extras. Can you elaborate on what you find especially good?

Cheers, Lee

The picons are a doodle to get working...if you've any issues, ask in the VFD thread!

As Ev0 says, the extra CPU speed, memory and bigger flash are handy, the 3rd tuner and VFD are my vices of choice! :cool:
 
+ 1 for the Ultimo. The built in tuner will be faster ti zap than a USB.

I have a sundek on my ET9 and it takes approximately 10 seconds to clear a channel whereas with the Ultimo its more or less instantaneous.
 
-1 for ultimo as i cant afford one right now

hehe

no joking aside the triple tuner is a real help if you need it

i have sundtek sticks to increase my tuners and its a major help

go for an ultimo if you can

sponsor has a brill price on em right now
 
As Ev0 says.. the extra CPU speed.. memory and bigger flash are a major factors..

I just got my Ultimo yesterday.. And i love it.. ( I still got 4 Duo`s as well.. )

The VFD is not a big thing for me.. but i can see why it is for others..

It all depends on what your into,,

Im more interested in how the box preforms.. rather than what it looks like.. or what it can display..

If you can afford the price.. then defo go for Ultimo.. If you cant.. then you will still be delighted with the Duo.. Thats for sure..

Either way.. Your will not go wrong buying from the sponsor.. Superb seller and unreal support..
 
Hi,

Purchased from the sponsor. Stef is a top bloke. Should be with me by Monday.

Thanks for all the advice.

Cheers, Lee
 
The picons are a doodle to get working...if you've any issues, ask in the VFD thread!

As Ev0 says, the extra CPU speed, memory and bigger flash are handy, the 3rd tuner and VFD are my vices of choice! :cool:

Hi Sandman,

Can you advise where the VFD thread is please? I'm looking to get all the software downloaded That I need for when the Ultimo arrives on Monday.

FORGET IT, I FOUND IT

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...u-Ultimo-by-Sandman-Disccussion&highlight=Vfd

Didn't realise there was a picons forum.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top