Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Unabled to run script file

Alanp

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
793
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Im using VIX 2.0 and im having an issue installing a .sh file, I am trying to install a sundtek driver first I ftp it to /var/volatile/tmp then I start a telnet cd /var/volatile/tmp then chmod 777 sundtek_installer_110207.sh this step does not work but I can change it to 777 in a ftp when I try to install in telnet still in var/volatile/tmp it does nothing basically brings up a meesage like file not found ? any help guys am I doing something wrong (im using windows 7 64bit and DCC) thanks Alan
 
Moved this to it's own thread ;)

Basically, the problem is that it doesn't read files in the directory the same as windows...

So, to run the script, you need to issue the command like this (in the /tmp/ directory):

Code:
./sundtek_installer_110207.sh

or (from any directory)

Code:
/tmp/sundtek_installer_110207.sh
 
Hi Alan,
I don't have a /var/volatile/tmp, (maybe Vix/PLI is different from BlackHole), but in any case if you have done "chmod 777" via FTP then that step is done, as the chmod is permanent. Presumably the next step is to run the .sh script?
 
Im using VIX 2.0 and im having an issue installing a .sh file, I am trying to install a sundtek driver first I ftp it to /var/volatile/tmp then I start a telnet cd /var/volatile/tmp then chmod 777 sundtek_installer_110207.sh this step does not work but I can change it to 777 in a ftp when I try to install in telnet still in var/volatile/tmp it does nothing basically brings up a meesage like file not found ? any help guys am I doing something wrong (im using windows 7 64bit and DCC) thanks Alan


the drivers are in feeds, do you not have internet access on box ?
 
Thanks pooface worked straight away with your instruction Thanks again Alan
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top