Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] Unstable Crashing Every other Hour

  • Thread starter Thread starter jags53
  • Start date Start date
J

jags53

Guest
Hi All,

I feel very guilty posting for help so soon, I have tried searching for answers to no avail.

I have a VU+ Uno running Vix3.0 build 679 (updated to 682 yesterday), which crashes about 5-6 times a day just watching TV. occasinall the octure freezes or goes black but the audio continues.

Some of the troubleshooting I have tried:
I have tested it on FTA, HD and SD and all seem to crash. For e.g today I have left the box on whilst im at work today, I checked the logs to discover it had crashed twice without any user interaction - so it seems to be an automated process casuing the crash.

Cross EPG is installed on a 16gb USB along with picons and I also have SGT Bricktop Bouquets on the box other than that I have nothing additional setup bar maybe a softcam.

I have reinstalled the flash (tried older 600 builds) but still get the same behaviour.

I have tried reading throught the crash logs but to be honest I dont really know what im looking for, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
J
 

Attachments

I advise you to enable a swap-file (via the GUI: ViX --> Swap manager) and see how you go from there. Note that you need a Ext3/4 formatted USB-stick for that.
 
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the advice I will read up on swap files and try that tonight :-)

J
 
its very simple.. blue button> VIX> swapfile and then set one up from there :thumbsup:
 
Andy, is there anyway from figuring out which driver could be causing the crash? the swap file did not seem to help unfortunately :(
 
I just flashed it with nothing additional installed and the box restarted. I often get a 'Tune Failed' message which then disappears. Could it be a hardware fault?

Thanks,
Jag
 
To get a 'Tune Failed' message you must have installed or generated a channel list, how are you doing this?
What sats & channels is it happening on?
 
The message pops up but does disappear.

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: Single
Satellite: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F
Send DisEqc: No

It has happened on BBC One HD - rebooted twice.

Picture freezes and audio continues remote inactive, then box eventually reboots itself..
 
so, this is on a fresh flash of 683?
have you checked the cables/f connectors to make sure there isn't a short happening somewhere?
is it the same on all tuners?
 
Make sure that whenever you do a fresh install that you do not restore backup settings. It looks as if you are restoring your settings as channel lists do not come preloaded with fresh builds.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top