Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] USB not mounting from cold start

  • Thread starter Thread starter evesham
  • Start date Start date
E

evesham

Guest
I have an annoying problem with the USB Mounting from cold start (i.e turning on at the Mains).
My Duo either does 1 of 2 things:-
1) Hangs on *Starting*
2) Loads very slow then doesn't Mount/recognize the USB whatsoever.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, 2 Kingston and 1 Sandisk and all 3 of these worked perfectly on Vix 3.678 etc.
There is a swap file activated to start from the USB stick.

Someone's gonna say don't switch it off, leave it in Deep Standby...a workaround but not a solution.
Please can you help me and look into this.
Thanks.
 
Are you putting the box to deep-standby before powering off?
What format is the USB stick with the swap file on it?
 
Hi judge, thanks for replying.
Yes I always put the box into deep-standby before powering off each night and the USB is set at
media/usb
/dev/sdb1
ext4 R/W.

I formatted the stick in Windows FAT32, then initialized and formatted via the Vix menu as normal.

If the box loads with no USB mounted, I remove the stick, reinsert it, then reboot enigma and everything is perfect.
Thanks
 
What are you trying to load on start up from the USB?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Do you also have hard disk installed? If not then I've found that the USB gets mounted as /media/hdd instead of /media/usb.

Probably a stupid thing to say but this causes problems on my Duo which also has an external USB hard disk connected.
 
Menus SetUP > Storage Devices > Initialization > (initialize your usb key). Reboot receiver leave the usb key in.
Menu > Setup > Vix > Mount Manager Setup Mounts set hard disk to media/hdd. Set usb media to media/usb. Press Green to save and reboot. Reboot VIX and test again.

Try power cold starting and see if all is ok. Then setup swapfile and test again
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top