Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Using a switch to stream several vu+ boxes over internet... Help needed!

  • Thread starter Thread starter markeeny
  • Start date Start date
M

markeeny

Guest
Hei everyone,

I was wondering about the set up of a network to stream vu+ boxes over the internet using a switch..

I have a router with 250 mbps down/upload. I have it connected to a router. I then want to connect the router to a switch that will allow me to connect lets say like 5-10 vu+ boxes so that these can be streamed remotely in HD. I should have enough upload. Now, I want it to be possible for my brother to connect to one of the boxes and stream, and see the bouquets, change channels etc.. I guess maybe I must use accounts with dyndns to have an address for each box.

I wonder how I could set this up so that I can have all boxes streaming from my place and that people can connect to the boxes, stream, and change channels remotely. Pls. also recommend the type of switch you think is most suitable, if there are any other set-top boxes that are better, or any other way of doing this that can improve performance, stability, etc. The connection from sat.dish towards all the boxes is ok.. I have this figured out.

btw. is there someone here that knows how to edit images for the vu+ boxes.. I might want to do some changes and would like to get in touch with someone that can do this for me for a reasonable pay.

Thanks to everyone...
 
What you are doing is technicly illegal and your master box wont have enough tuners to alow this. All the 'remote' boxes will have tao share the same tuner.

In regards to a switch why would you need a switch as this would be used to conect a number of boxes internally.
 
Hi,

I think you didnt understand. I will have separate boxes, lets say 5 different vu+ solo's in my home, connected to my dish (with suitable switch for that) .. and then I want to set up this so that my brothers, and family can stream and control their own vu+ solo from their home since they cant have dish where they live. So each user outside my home would have his/her vu+ solo connected to the dish and to my network and out to the internet... thats what I'm wondering about if its possible.. to use an ethernet switch, router, and then use some form of dyndns service to provide each box some sort of "adress" that can be used to connect to remotely.

Thanks

J
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top