Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Video (mp4) stretched vertically on image 6.7.004 but works fine on 6.2.010

th735

New member
Joined
Nov 8, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Points
3
FYI I had to revert to 6.2.010 on my Vu+ Ultimo 4K as videos were being vertically stretched on 6.7.004.

Tried every setting I could find. I tried toggling Letterbox, Just Scale, etc and tried installing aspectratio plugin (but could not find how to enter it or get it to work.

Also looked at the UI settings and nothing was relevant. The TV channels were not being stretched, just mp4 videos. It seems as though the system was stretching the videos to remove the black bars from top and bottom.

Anyway, by rolling back to 6.2.010 this is no longer happening thankfully.

Below is a screenshot from of the two images' full names.

1744802625589.webp
 
menu/Setup/Audio & Video/Settings ---- ensure refresh rate is set to auto and then will handle 50/60/24Hz changes automatically
 
Thanks, I went back to the 6.7 image and tried this by setting the new 'Refresh rate' field to 'auto ...' and it has fixed the problem - however I will add that it didn't properly apply the change until I also subsequently changed the 'Display > 16:9 content as' field to 'Just scale' exited out of the menu and then changed it back again to 'Letterbox'. At least it's working now, thanks again.

1744843646753.webp
 
Just to report that we had a power cut earlier this week and ever since the aspect ratio issue has returned with the above settings still in tact. I tried cycling through them and coming in and out of the menu but the player insists on stretching played videos vertically again.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top