Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX 1.1 Streaming problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter XeWonder
  • Start date Start date
X

XeWonder

Guest
Good day,

I have a problem streaming from my VU+box.

It all seems to go ok but streaming stops after several seconds (varies)...

1> use web interface
2> click on "monitor" icon
3> download M3U file
4> open it with either VLC or Windows media player

recording light goes on on VU+ but after a few seconds goes off again and stream is interupted.

am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Thank you
 
Hi,

I have not used media player - but can confirm that VLC should work well... i'd focus your efforts there!

Are you using WIFI - or a cabled ethernet connection? I have had issues streaming over WIFI... my take is that the bandwidth required is more than the WIFI can handle on my Dell laptop. (my macbook has no problem however - and they both use 902.11G)

If you are using WIFI, i'd try using an ethernet connection to see if it makes it more stable. if it does, wifi bandwidth could be the problem. It's not one i've resolved on my windows computer tho. if its still unstable using ethernet, there must be some other problem.
 
Make sure you are using the latest version of VLC. I have found you need h/w video acceleration available and enabled in VLC to play HD streams. This seems to be far more important than bandwidth.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top