Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1) - Front USB port for watching movies

judge

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
14,099
Reaction score
43
Points
0
Hi all, in the previous VIX image, I'd stick a USB key in the front USB port to watch the odd movie.
When the stick went in, a message would pop up on screen asking if I wanted to view the media files on that stick, worked perfectly.

On the latest VIX with new kernel, as soon as I put the stick in, I get a message saying 'no media files found' or something like that.
I can navigate to the USB stick and view the movies that way using the media button on the remote.
However it's a few extra steps and a slight pain.
No biggie but if it can be fixed it would be great...
thanks, d.
 
i trhink thats linux 3.1.1 thing might ne be fixed might be cant be too sure
 
Thaks for the reply Silver.
Looks like a simple enough bug? something like when you insert a USB key in the front, maybe it scams /media/usb & doesn't see any media as I use that for my picons & EPG (plugged i the back). Seems to be scanning the wrong mount point maybe???

Anyway, as the team are aware of this, I'm sure you guys will come up with a fix soon, no biggie...
 
Depends whether it's a kernel problem, driver problem etc etc...

Would help if u could enable debug logging and then restart e2. Then plug the stick in, get error message, restart e2 again after the msg, then ftp in to the box and get the file with corect time and date from /home/root and upload it here. Should give us some more info as to what ur box is saying... and why it's refusing it...

Sent with Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top