Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VIX issue with programmed zap

  • Thread starter Thread starter m1nder
  • Start date Start date
M

m1nder

Guest
Dear folks,

I see this has been mentioned before so apologies for the repetition. I'm using a VU+ Duo and have been running VIX throughout most of its revisions. There is one issue that I have always been dissappointed with. I don't know if its a bug or an Enigman fault but here goes...

If you programme a zap event, the zap is not recorded or part of the channel history. So the box zaps but is not aware of what channel its on. Behind the scenes it thinks it's still on the previous channel. (causes all sorts of problems)

This is an even more serious issue if a programmed zap occurs while watching a recording. The zap occurs but the box still thinks you are watching as recording in terms of interface etc and you loose your place in the recording.

Reading through the new features of 2.3, I dont see it mentioned. I'm wondering is this an issue with Enigma that VIX team have no control over? Its a real usability issue. Just wondering if (a) anyone else is aware of it? and (b) and plans to address it?

Many thanks
 
Dear folks,

I see this has been mentioned before so apologies for the repetition. I'm using a VU+ Duo and have been running VIX throughout most of its revisions. There is one issue that I have always been dissappointed with. I don't know if its a bug or an Enigman fault but here goes...

If you programme a zap event, the zap is not recorded or part of the channel history. So the box zaps but is not aware of what channel its on. Behind the scenes it thinks it's still on the previous channel. (causes all sorts of problems)

This is an even more serious issue if a programmed zap occurs while watching a recording. The zap occurs but the box still thinks you are watching as recording in terms of interface etc and you loose your place in the recording.

Reading through the new features of 2.3, I dont see it mentioned. I'm wondering is this an issue with Enigma that VIX team have no control over? Its a real usability issue. Just wondering if (a) anyone else is aware of it? and (b) and plans to address it?
This is not fixed. It looks like this is something very deep in Enigma. Anyway: it is not box dependant.
 
i will take a look at it, as soon as i can, please bare with me as i need to get ET's released next or i will be bombard with stones hehe :D

thank you for your patients.

andy
 
i will take a look at it, as soon as i can, please bare with me as i need to get ET's released next or i will be bombard with stones hehe :D

thank you for your patients.

andy

Lol we'd never bombard you with stones, mars bars maybe but never stones.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top