Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] VU+ Duo hangs after 1st installation of ViX-2.4.96-vuduo_usb image file

  • Thread starter Thread starter Conaxthewarrior
  • Start date Start date
C

Conaxthewarrior

Guest
Hello all,
Being a bit it late insalling the latest image file update for the vu+ Duo, I've just unzipped the three files to my usb drive VUPLUS/DUO (Kernel_CFE.auto.bin; Reboot.Update and Root_cfe_auto.jfts2) inserted the drive and powered up.
The VU+ Duo found the installation files and read them in ok however on restart, the "starting" message appears and the system hangs. ive waited 30 mins with no change and so repeated the process a) format the usb drive (fat 32) b) copy the zipped installation file to the usb drive (ViX-2.4.96-vuduo_usb) c)unzip this file on the usb drive d)with the VU+ Duo powered down, insert the USB drive e) Power up.
Again the VU+Duo found the files, read then in and on restart, hangs showing "starting".

As of now, I have reinstalled an earlier image, version 1.3 that works fine (at least I can see tv!!). Can someone help as to why I'm having problems when installing the new image?
 
try installing 2.4.143 as thats the latest stable image. also as your running ViX 1.3 have you ever updated the bootloader as it is required to run any linux 3.1.1 kernel image.
 
Thanks for the help Phoenix , no I dont think I've ever updated the bootloader, only the image version. So I've got to ask how do I download the latest bootloader and the proceeduer for getting it in to the vu+ duo, ie is it the same as mentioned previously?
Updating the bootloader makes me feel a little nervous - if there should be a read error for example, could I easily go back to v i.3 as I have presently?
 
you can get the bootloader from either the ViX 2.3 or ViX 2.4 release threads, as for flashing it is the exact same procedure as per flashing a image although the bootloader only takes a few seconds to flash.
 
Many thanks Phoenix & Sicilian for the help. After reading in the bootloader sugested, the image went in after without probs and there was no system hang on restart.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top