S
stu25171
Guest
I live in Spain (Costa del Sol) I had a S*y HD box with the movies and HD enabled, but later in the afternoon, I would loose most of the movie, HD and music channels. I phoned the local installer to discuss the problem and he told me it was the modulation range lmitation of the box. ( I thought I needed a bigger dish as it just seems that certain times of the day that I lost everything I have a 120cm dish).
He then sold me a VU+Duo with 500Gb HDD (for a lot more than I could have got one myself) came and set it up with the Black Hole image.
I have encountered many problems since. No EPG, EPG recording randomly, stopping recording 5-10 minutes from the end of the programme.
And I still do not receive the same channels as before with the old box.
When I asked him about these problems he had no idea how to help me, he just told me that his mate had set up the box and it worked fine when he tried it at his house....
Can anyone please offer any advice??? i.e. Should I try and reflash with Vix image? Is there any way to help the EPG record on time? I have set up the Cross EPG plug in and the Fast EPG Plugin I got instructions from this site it is very good.
Or do I go back to my old s*y HD box and get a bigger dish?? He certainly won't take it back.
It is more for my wife to use, she finds the Black Hole menus very unuser friendly and the channel listing is quite complex as you have to add everything to the favourites boquet so you do not scroll through every satellite in space.
Thanks.
He then sold me a VU+Duo with 500Gb HDD (for a lot more than I could have got one myself) came and set it up with the Black Hole image.
I have encountered many problems since. No EPG, EPG recording randomly, stopping recording 5-10 minutes from the end of the programme.
And I still do not receive the same channels as before with the old box.
When I asked him about these problems he had no idea how to help me, he just told me that his mate had set up the box and it worked fine when he tried it at his house....
Can anyone please offer any advice??? i.e. Should I try and reflash with Vix image? Is there any way to help the EPG record on time? I have set up the Cross EPG plug in and the Fast EPG Plugin I got instructions from this site it is very good.
Or do I go back to my old s*y HD box and get a bigger dish?? He certainly won't take it back.
It is more for my wife to use, she finds the Black Hole menus very unuser friendly and the channel listing is quite complex as you have to add everything to the favourites boquet so you do not scroll through every satellite in space.
Thanks.
