Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

VU Duo Shutdown problem

ronaldbiggs

New member
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi I have been experiencing an issue with my Duo over the past 7 days. The receiver will randomly show a black screen and the front panel will just show "VU duo", I then have to reboot the receiver to make it work again.

After a few days of rebooting every 2 hours I re flashed with the latest Zeus 0.16 VIX image on Sunday morning and also installed the "On Demand" plugin and all appeared good again, however last night at 10:00 it happened again, this time is shuts off very 10 minutes.

I have since re flashed again this morning with the same image and await the results tonight when I get home. I have no plugins installed as yet as I wanted to see if there was still a problem when just the base image was loaded

Any ideas on possible causes

Thanks for any advice.
 
It could be this problem.
The capacitor issue shows up in lots of ways before the red light issue appears...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26743-Dead-Vu-Duo-repair-guide&highlight=dfdream

Thanks for the reply, I will take a look at the guide and grab one from Maplins, just spoken to the other half and she says its not shutdown since this morning, I assume its to do with temperatures creating dry joints, and the caps have a working lifespan ?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top