Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Write Error

Hmmnd

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Oct 20, 2011
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi

I have a VU+ DUO 4K SE with 5.4.003 (release)

The issue I have is the following error mesage which appears despite the Disk being full as when I delete recordings the error remains.

"Write Error while recording. Disk Full?"

If I re initialise I will loose all my recordings. Any advice in how to recover the recording function without losing recordings appreciated.
 
Is your hdd mounted and showing as ext4.

Have you gone into the trash and confirmed it is empty because its a second stage of removing files from there if automatically not done as i delete mine as needed.
 
empty trash and restart box.Then immediatly do a HDD check.Had it once before and solved
 
Hi

I have a VU+ DUO 4K SE with 5.4.003 (release)

The issue I have is the following error mesage which appears despite the Disk being full as when I delete recordings the error remains.

"Write Error while recording. Disk Full?"

If I re initialise I will loose all my recordings. Any advice in how to recover the recording function without losing recordings appreciated.

When deleting a recording it may have gone into the trash (deleted items) folder and remain there for a certain time before being deleted. Try highlighting the deleted items folder and again deleting the contents - it may still take a good few minutes before you see disk space being released for futher recordings. Recording file movements/deletions appear to be "slow" background tasks.

Is the box writing to the hard drive or a USB stick? I've seen a similar message a couple of times in the past few years where the hard disk doesn't appear to have been mounted on boot and an attached USB with limited space has been assumed to be the "new" recording destination. In my case(s) a reboot of the box has restored the HDD mounting.
Check that
menu -> setup -> recordings, playback and timeshift -> recordings and playback -> Default movie location and make sure it still points to your hard disk (or preferred recording location) rtaher than some other smaller devcice plugged into your box.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top