Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Zapping issues and tuner failed issue on ET9200 ViX 2.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter garry1312
  • Start date Start date
G

garry1312

Guest
When I go to zap to a channel sometimes it takes a long time and the ViX spinner will appear. This can happen from zapping through the channels, using the EPG or the Bouquets list. Also when flicking through channels I sometimes get 'Tuner Failed' message.

I know this is not a receiver issue as I have tried other images and do not get these issues. I have also flashed the ViX image three times now with the same issues each time.

Are these known problems? Is there a fix?
 
Where do you have your Picons located?

If on the HDD can you move them to USB

Also have you done online update - you will have a flashing green icon on the infobar if any are available
 
Hi sorry guys been run off my feet at work. Moved picons to the flash memory (as it is just UK picons)

This has resolved the time in which it takes to zap. Still getting the tuner failed message from time to time not as much.

Yes using the latest build :)
 
Cool thats were I always keep my picons on receivers mate think they run best from there :)
 
really i thought they need to be on HDD or USB stick, as many writes i thought could damage flash mem
 
really i thought they need to be on HDD or USB stick, as many writes i thought could damage flash mem
Don't worry, you won't wear your flash by writing picons to it.
And as flash is much faster and you have plenty of it, why should you not use it?

Only good reason I can think of, is for testers flashing a box multiple times a day; if picons are on USB they stay there and don't have to be re-installed after every flash.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top