Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ZGEMMA H7S Australian experience

Aust-VAST

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2018
Messages
95
Reaction score
4
Points
8
Location
Central NSW Australia
Hi all, as our well liked Edision OSMIO 4k+ has to be retired, we now have a ZGEMMA and Octagon on trial.

The H7S is a very smart device, fast between channels and I like the SATA bus, external PSU is good to keep the temps down, even so our HT has four low noise fans keeping these devices safe in 38ºC or more days, which are going to be frequent here soon.

I installed it into the HT after several days of trial and error in the lab.

Aspects I noticed were that TP's (transponders are all multistream) could only be scanned manually and I developed a way to preserve these in DB (DreamBox) so I could make our usual bouquets.

Updating our SONY RM-VLZ620 master RCU's (remote control units) for the HT was a slight chore, for some reason the source RCU had to be distance away from the learning device to program cleanly.

My thanks to the engineers and volunteers of VIX for the brilliance of the ecosystem that is Team VIX. :wave:

Great service as ever from WOS too ! :cool:
 
The OS Mio is the only box that can blindscan MIS and return the codes.
 
The OS Mio is the only box that can blindscan MIS and return the codes.

Yes, it is superb device and I like the OSD with basic clock and RCU alert, also I miss the record icon too with the Zgemma.

However the Edision, could not resolve the high symbol rate satellites here and I tried all the available tuner drivers, it became so unstable that if we used terrestrial, or played a track (or network share), the satellite tuner would be offline requiring a reboot.

These satellites require a 1.25M offset dish (Gilat) and a low noise GT-SAT GT-SLRC1 for a medium strength signal, even so the worst is 23° latitude offset.

This is one of the test antennas, which were originally a fibreglass KU band temporary satellite internet 'idea' of the past.

Offset-1.2M-KU-Antenna-TEST-Optus-D2-19-07-2024-DSC04710.webp
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top