Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] ZGemmaH7s - How to make backup of one partition in OpenVix5.3

FlexMcMurphy

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2013
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Points
8
I recently bought a ZGemma H7s from WoS. I have tried OpenATV and Pur E2 and am ready to settle now on OpenVix 5.3 with the Simple_Ten_Eighty skin.

ZGemma H7s has four parition slots and I am using all of them for OpenATV, Pur E2 and OpenVix. In OpenATV and Pur E2 it's easy to make a backup of an individual partition. I can even make a image backup of OpenVix from openATV or Pur E2.

I made an image backup in OpenVix but it backed up the entire box, the backup file name ended in ...mmc.zip and was 470MB. When I tried making a "backup" I got a very small file that I know is not an "image" that I could flash and restore everything to a single partition.

I don't understand how to make a full image backup of a single slot/partition from within OpenVix. Is it possible?

Cheers,

Flex
 
ImageManager should backup just the active partition
 
Thanks twol. I haven't had a chance yet to try again today.. I thought I was using image manager correctly last night and it created an entire disk image backup, not just the active partition.

I found another thread about this topic on these forums..
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59064-Mutant-HD51-Unable-to-restore-image

It seems making an entire disk image was standard in Openvix image manager in 2018. Has that changed since then? So Openvix can backup just one partition in a multiboot system now.. like on the Zgemma h7s.

Cheers,

Flex
 
Thanks twol. I haven't had a chance yet to try again today.. I thought I was using image manager correctly last night and it created an entire disk image backup, not just the active partition.

I found another thread about this topic on these forums..
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59064-Mutant-HD51-Unable-to-restore-image

It seems making an entire disk image was standard in Openvix image manager in 2018. Has that changed since then? So Openvix can backup just one partition in a multiboot system now.. like on the Zgemma h7s.

Cheers,

Flex
Maybe I will have to look at it again, , but basically it produce a backup for usb flashing containing the active image and the disk inage which is why its big, you can still us this for online flashing for ImageManager
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top