Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

28.2E and 9.0E on Multiswitch

The content of mix file seems fine. Filename is incorrect though. Should be
sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

Why are you using custom lcn? There is no need for it.

Did you not say ABM was working fine for saorsat earlier?
 
I thought the custom mix name has to match the lcn name?

Yes it is working. However I need to match the channel numbering for the Saorsat channels on the sky EPG as that would make it identical to that on their sky+ so in their main room.

Pain in the ass, but they can't remember which is which.

So I was going to get channel number the same between both rooms and then load the slyk skin into the image to bring it all closer together.
 
Custom mix will only add services into empty slots. Delete then add. Have a look at davesayers mix file if you want to see a working example.
 
Hi,

I've tried that, but I'm now getting an inability to tune ABM on Saorsat Tuner B. Intermittently, it will work and generate both - I've no idea as to what is going on.

I can obtain the channels using my setup and accessing them through TV > Providers > RTENL.
I think it is trying to locate Saorsat on 9.0E whereas it is actually on 9.2E as outlined previously in post #40.

Attached below is the ABM log file and my test Custom Mix which I was using to see if I could get some initial change in behaviour from the ABM plugin. I've also tried removing the hd_ prefix on the Custom Mix, but to no effect.

ABM_Execution_Message.webp
Providers_Order.webp
Providers.webp
ABM_About.webp
9_0E_Satellite_Setup.webp
28_2E_Satellite_Setup.webp
Miscellaneous.webp
STB_Setup.webp

View attachment hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
View attachment abm.log
 
From reading the log it looks like it is failing to get a lock on Saorsat, but using the signal finder, the green 'LOCK' text is presented within 1 - 2 seconds and Orb Pos is populated before 7sec elapses.
 
Altering the Voltage Mode for the KA-SAT LNB set up on 9.0E Ka-band 9B & Ka-Sat 9A has no effect on the signal finder. With the LNB input to the switch fed into VH altering the voltage continues to obtain a signal via the signal finder.
I would expect altering the voltage level to change the input required for the LNB feed into the switch. Tone has no effect either.
I tried all three available options - Polarisation, 13V and 18V.

From EMP Centauri help desk:

For routing signals from input "E" to output, the multiswitch must get all these information from receiver:
- Voltage at coaxial not more the 14.5 V
- No 22 kHz tone
- DiSEqC position B

If any of these three items is set wrongly, the multiswitch opens wrong path. For example:
If voltage is above 15.5 V, input "F" is selected intead of "E"
If tone 22 kHz is active, input "G" is selected intead of "E"
If no DiSEqC position has been sent, input "A" is selected.
 
Last edited:
Meant to add to the above, that I'm trying to source a diseqc monitor to check what is coming out of the receiver, unless someone knows an alternative method?
 
Way to test receiver...

Move 28 east cables to e-h and set up 28 east as diseqc b.
 
I got the diseqc tester and I've now checked the the commands sent by the STB.

Diseqc Monitor Manual.webp
Manual: http://www.emp-centauri.cz/pdf/1002231.pdf

As I previously stated, Saorsat has two listing sets - one for 9.0E and one for 9.2E. I've setup the monitor for Multiswitches with 2 or 4 inputs and diseqc switches for 2 LNBs
9.0E does not provide a signal for me using either F or G. 9.2E provides a signal using G.

DISEqC Switches for 2LNBs
9.0E
The commands are:
>15V
LEDs 2 & 3 illuminate then clear.

9.2E does provide a signal using G.
The commands are:
>15V constant on and 22kHz flash
LED 2 constant on & 3 flash

Multiswitches with 2 or 4 LNBs
9.0E
The commands are:
>15V
LED 2 illuminate then clear.

9.2E
>15V constant on and 22kHz flash
LED 2 flash

I've tried moving the Saorsat down into Sat A, but I've not been able to pick up a signal. I've not got much time this weekend, but I might move 28.2E up into SAT B to see if it works there.
 
Okay - this points to being a multiswitch issue. I've re-read the instruction manual and I think should be referring to the fourth row - 'Multiswitches with 8, 12, 16 LNB inputs.

Switching 28.2E onto SAT B and retuning results in approx 950 channels being detected.
The command from the box for the initial transponder 10714 H 22000 5/6
is >15V, 'Polarisation' and 'Position'.


9.0E does not pick up a signal unless it is fed into VL for the KA-SAT channel - this confuses me as SAT B requires it on VH.
The STB is command >15V and 'Polarisation'. I can't see how this is switching SAT A to VL.

Switch Inputs.webp
9_0E_DISEqC_Monitor.webp
KA_SAT_SETUP_ON SATA_INPUT.webp
28_2_DISEqC_Monitor.webp
28_2_SETUP_ON_SATB_INPUT.webp

Yes - I know the cables are not fully connected into the switch, but it still provided full suite of channels.

I'll switch back to SATA = 28.2 and SATB = 9.0E and reconfirm the settings for it.
 
Okay, so I've just reverted to the previous setup and 28_2E is perfect on either SATA or SATB.
However, 9_0E is problematic. On SATB, it only comes in on VH whereas on SATA it comes in on VL. Bear in mind the only change I've made is to switch the DISEqC command from Port A to Port B.

So, what could be wrong with the switch here? Have I done anything wrong? For info, the switches on the monitor are:
1 = ON
2 = OFF
3 = OFF
4 = OFF

So, from the below images it can be seen that 28_2 is now:
>15V and 'Polarisation'. Note 'Position' has now cleared - which is as expected as it has shifted from SATB to SATB.

9.0E is now:
>15V, 'Polarisation' and 'Position'.

Note these have reversed from previous post - this is expected, so STB is operating correctly.

9_0_SETUP_ON_SATB_INPUT.webp
9_0E_SATB_DISEqC_Monitor.webp
28_2_SETUP_ON_SATA_INPUT.webp
28_2_DISEqC_SATA_Monitor.webp
 
Your video is showing 9.2E the available/configured satellite and 9.0E as unavailable. Double check your tuner configuration.

I am pretty sure I posted something about establishing whether the data tables have 9.2 or 9.0. Best to treat that issue in isolation though.
 
Tuner configuration is as shown in post #53 above.
 
I see an error in the Voltage Mode for KA-SAT in the second image - it should be 18V instead of Polarisation. However that is not the cause of the additional 9.2E satellite.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top