Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] 3D OSD issues in VIX 2.4(Only worked properly in 2.3.153)

  • Thread starter Thread starter banie01
  • Start date Start date
B

banie01

Guest
I just flashed to 2.4 and must say...
Excellent work! :-) I'm loving it apart from my usual bugbear since 2.3.161...
I'm still having the issue where the 3d OSD options actually do nothing on the newer builds(161+)
The 3D OSD works on the 153 build flawlessly even autotriggers my TVs 3d mode when activated.
But on the latest VIX builds I've tried 161, 191 and 204 and now on the latest 2.4 it does diddly squat :(
As I use the 3d OSD quite a bit(mapped to a Macro) this

Its not much of an issue but I've flagged it a few times on previous release threads and so little has come of it I think I must be the only one using the 3D OSD! haha.
Its a small issue, but its enough to keep me on 153 .

I added a couple of my previous posts re: this issue and my macro setup.

Hiya folks,
Recently updated to 2.3 build 161 and since the upgrade the VIX 3D OSD no longer works for me
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Previously BlueButton>3D OSD>Side by Side>Green would kick the Vu into 3d output mode and my TV would autodetect the 3D mode.
In fact this worked so well i added it as a macro to my remote And stopped needing to access the TV function/Shifted softkeys to switch to 3D
But now, the 3D OSD has absolutely no effect whatsoever
No matter what I try the Vu Display just stays in 2D mode,
Now 3D is still usable via my 3D button on the TV but as the Vu 3D OSD isnt working my OSD turns to doubled/mirrored transparent garbage.
Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Ok Folks, Just an update, I've reflashed to 153 and the VIX 3D OSD works flawlessly
But just to satisfy my own curiousity I then upgraded to 161 again and the VIX 3D OSD once again failed to work.
As the issue only happens with 161 for me and is repeated after a reflash, I can only assume there is a glitch somewhere?
I'm hoping someone can confirm this for me, Anyone else having this prob? Or repeat it?

On the 161 build any setting in 3D OSD has no effect whatsoever(i.e no 3d OSD, Doubled infobar when in 3d mode), yet in 153 build works perfectly well and indeed auto triggers 3D on my TV.
 
Hi VIX team.
Well I'm happy to report that the VIX 3D functionality is back to working as wanted in the 2.4.128 build :D
Thank you.

The Vu will kick into 3D display mode and autotrigger my TVs 3D display mode :D

Now my macro works again :)
1st VIX image since 2.3.153 that this has worked on for me, and while I know it doesn't matter to many.....It makes a huge difference in ease of use for me.
I don't know what ye changed to get it working again....
But I'm delighted ye did it.
Thanks again and for the 1st time since 2.3.153 I can shout out loud...
That I am once again on the latest VIX! hahaha
 
Strangely the issue for me still remains! I was so happy when I read the beanie01 post and immediately did the update but I still have to manually change the 3D settings on my TV. Buy the way I updated to ViX-2.4.130 and wandering should I manually update to 2.4.128 build as that is the build that worked for beanie01.:confused:
 
I also had to manually change to 3D on the TV remote when I had a quick look earlier, that was using 128 but I didnt have time to play with it properly as we are busy with other things, will have another look later. Having said that everything else worked perfectly
 
Maybe baniei01 can explain what exactly he did when he comes online.
 
Are you guys aware that the auto-3D mode only works if the name of a channel has '3D' in it?
That is because there is (still??) no way to detect a channel being 3D or not.
 
Are you guys aware that the auto-3D mode only works if the name of a channel has '3D' in it?
That is because there is (still??) no way to detect a channel being 3D or not.

Yep, thanks for the reminder tho.
I think all my 3D channels apart from Tring HDTest(which runs a 3d test loop) are named with 3D, and DBE is always there to rename if they aren't :)

I also had to manually change to 3D on the TV remote when I had a quick look earlier, that was using 128 but I didnt have time to play with it properly as we are busy with other things, will have another look later. Having said that everything else worked perfectly

Well I use a macro on my Harmony One (BlueButton>3D OSD>Side by Side>Green button) and this forces my TV to autodetect the 3D mode with no intervention from me.(The macro runs solely for the Vu+ I have no TV commands in its setup)
Works perfectly on 2.3.153 and now again thankfully on 2.4.128.
I've never had any success at all with the ''auto'' option on the 3D OSD, but the macro meant that it never really mattered when the macro worked.

Maybe baniei01 can explain what exactly he did when he comes online.
See above mate.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top