Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] [4.2.027] Xtrend. Problems with USB tuners

I just made a fresh flash to my ET10000 with OpenATV 6.0 2017.01.27 having Kernel 4.8.3. As soon as I installed Sundtek with ssi.exe, the box jams.
If Sundtek wants to connect to my ET10000, I`m more than happy to help. Not the firs time, since Sundtek has visited my earlier Ultimo few years ago solving T2 problems. So Markus, please contact me if you want to connect to my ET10000.
 
What exactly do you mean by "remote access to the system"? Are you wanting to connect to a box running this kernel?

Yes he will ask you for remote access to a pc on your system which is capable of telnet/ftp access to the box, here he will be able to run tests and maybe make code changes on the fly to see if he can alleviate the problem, he once re-wrote the driver whilst connected to one of my boxes.
 
I just made a fresh flash to my ET10000 with OpenATV 6.0 2017.01.27 having Kernel 4.8.3. As soon as I installed Sundtek with ssi.exe, the box jams.

Yes I had exactly the same with the Sundtek DVB-S2 tuner when I tried it on a HD51, the box becomes totally unstable and unusable.

I was hoping to be able to use it on the SF4008 when it arrives.
 
If Sundtek wants to connect to my ET10000, I`m more than happy to help. Not the firs time, since Sundtek has visited my earlier Ultimo few years ago solving T2 problems. So Markus, please contact me if you want to connect to my ET10000.
Ask him if he can get our 4th internal terrestrial T2 hybrid tuner working at the same time as well.:)
 
I think he asked you to have contact in message #17
Actually, he asked if "someone with an ETXXXX could join our chat" in #17, and you kindly offered to help.

I'm more than willing to help in any way possible, whatever the problems might be, but I'm afraid that opening up my pc to a total stranger is something I'm not willing to do. It's not that I don't trust them, it's simply something I'm not prepared to do.

I seem to remember we both suffer from 4xhybrid T2 tuners not being able to record simultaneously on an ET10k.

My comment was a "tongue in cheek" reference to that.

Unfortunately, my sense of humour always seems to backfire on this forum, so I really must try to resist in the future.
 
As I've mentioned in another thread, it looks like some usb wireless dongles may also be affected by the kernel change.

A simple example is a telnet session, where just pressing the enter key can often result in a 10 seconds or so delay before a new prompt is displayed.

I'll produce a debug log if anyone thinks it'll be useful, but I can't until later tomorrow.

I've tried plenty of times to reproduce this problem, telnet is not showing up any issues at the moment.

Playing a NAS recording in another room using a fire tv is constantly buffering and unwatchable, it's never happened before.
(on 4.2.028 now.) I've moved back to 4.2.026 and playback thru' the fire tv is working fine.

Testing on 028, playback of the same NAS recording was much improved today, but it did eventually become unwatchable.

Debug logs show nothing.

The best I can do is keep on eye on it.

It may just be a "typical/to be expected" Wi-Fi problem, but it's odd that it happened for the very 1st time on the same day I updated to 028.
 
I've tried plenty of times to reproduce this problem, telnet is not showing up any issues at the moment.
I only noticed the problem when debug logs were switched off (and the hd not in constant use), and oddly, trying again this morning the issue was back again with debugging off.
The only thing I can think of is the hd spinning down and back on again - I've tried changing the spin down time to 30 seconds to see if there's a pattern, but there's nothing obvious.
I wonder if the hd is creating interference when spinning up/down?
 
Last edited:
Just wondering. Has there been any progress with this item? I`m still using 026 with ET10000 because of this problm.
 
Just wondering. Has there been any progress with this item? I`m still using 026 with ET10000 because of this problm.
Nothing at all that I'm aware of - I reported the problem on GitHub, but there have been no replies.

Sundtek haven't logged in here since you offered to help.
 
I've just noticed that plugin feeds on 4.2.026 are no longer available because of the kernel upgrade, so make sure you've got a few 026 image backups handy.
 
Nothing at all that I'm aware of - I reported the problem on GitHub, but there have been no replies.

Sundtek haven't logged in here since you offered to help.

I think the offer was for someone to log into sundtek chat for them to help...
 
I think the offer was for someone to log into sundtek chat for them to help...
I know, what I was suggesting was that Sundtek probably won't have seen @tappari's offer to help.

Here's the post again.......

The unaligned access error is a follow up error, just ignore that one.

The USB disconnect is the problem, if someone with an ETXXXX could join our chat for a quick check we might give a better answer why it disconnects.
http://chat.sundtek.de

I think there's a kernel USB suspend bug, but I need remote access to the system in order to clarify that.

It is no bug in our driver for sure.
 
Last edited:
Hi, I just updated to Vix 42 0 29 from 26 on my et8000, usb sundtek won`t re-install, machine just freezes.
Tried a few things but nothing happening, whats changed? Missing that tuner.

ET8000
ViX Night HD skin
Vix 42 0 29
 
You'll have to go back to 026, the driver install crashes the box.

I reported it on GitHub 8 days ago, but there has been absolutely no response.

If you haven't an image copy of 026, it will be a struggle to get 026 running again.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response, hopefully they`ll come up with something soon, i`d imagine this would be an issue with a lot of receivers
 
Hi,

Does anyone know if latest update 4.2.030 fixes Sundtek usb issue, don`t want to flash unless I`m sure,

ET8000
ViX Night HD skin
Vix 42 0 09
 
No, I'm afraid, I gave it a try knowing that it was very unlikely to work.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top