Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] 4.2 image and EPG

  • Thread starter Thread starter suhel
  • Start date Start date
S

suhel

Guest
Hi

I am planning to flash to the latest version 4.2. I believe you are not able to do any restores and are required to setup the box again. I wanted to know if this applies to the EPG. If I was to save the EPG settings and then load it on the new image would this work?

Thank you in advanced

Suhel
 
Hi,

The openvix image has an EPG settings. These settings are saved onto your flash drive. Could I save these settings and load them on the new flashed 4.2 image.

Suhel
 
ASAIK the settings you describe are the actuall epg data that is provided via crossepg, I would think you would be better to just set this up again after the flash.
 
I have flashed my xtrend ET8500 with 4.2 all went fine you cant use a backup to restore your setting

you would be best copying the picons and EPG data to USB flash drive and not you hard drive or internal flash memory ......... and ftp any bootlogos and skins you like to your PC then FTP back to your box as it saves a lot of time

hope this helps

blue
 
So that the is no confusion, I am using this definition of EPG:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51808-EPG-Channels-and-Bouquets

The actual EPG data will still be on the flash drive. And won't be touched when you flash the image. How you obtain the data is a setting (this is not stored on USB flash drive) and cannot be restored via the GUI. You will have to set up your EPG location and CrossEPG downloader again.

Here are two guides for you:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28319-How-to-setup-CrossEPG-for-sky-uk-with-ViX-3-0
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-EPG-with-Crossepg-for-Astra-28-2-Video-Guide
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top