Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] 5.4.005 and EPG changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgyfingers2

New member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Can anyone explain what is happening with the EPG changes in 5.4.005. It says that OpenTV support is now builtin and the updater told me to uninstall EPGRefresh.
Did that and upgraded to 5.4.005 but I had no EPG downloaded. I then installed EPGRefresh and the EPG appeared. Am I missing some setup that is required?
I'm using SkyUK.
 
Can anyone explain what is happening with the EPG changes in 5.4.005. It says that OpenTV support is now builtin and the updater told me to uninstall EPGRefresh.
Did that and upgraded to 5.4.005 but I had no EPG downloaded. I then installed EPGRefresh and the EPG appeared. Am I missing some setup that is required?
I'm using SkyUK.

The message on selecting a software update is misleading. You don't get the new inbuilt EPG updater/zapper (for 28.2E satellite) if you just do a software update. You get it if you do a USB or couch flash.
EPGRefresh is no longer inbuilt to the image but it can be (re) fetched from the plugin download menu.
You should not have lost the EPG data as EPGrefresh is just a channel changer to allow you select a channel at a certain time in order to get the EPG broadcast on that channel.
 
There is no message now. I deleted it just before 18:00.

It didn't tell anyone to uninstall EPG refresh, it said it would be removed automatically. And anybody wanting to use EPG refresh should re-install it. I had based it on the report by befuddled brain that the update removed it. This later transpired to be incorrect.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, missed that thread. OpenTVdownloader plugin was required to be manually installed on my box.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top